Will my past gpa haunt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Onetothree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen lots of great and informative posts here, I'm glad I've found a place to voice my concerns. An event I would not like to name saw my life spiral out of control in High School (non criminal). I attended two years of university transfer at at the local CC, but without direction I was left with an abysmal 2.94 GPA plus two W's (non science except psychology). I'm currently two classes from my associate of the arts.

So I moved overseas to live, work, and find myself. Since moving to China, I've been reinvented. I'm married and am competent in oral Mandarin. My previous lack of direction has been replaced with my new extroverted personality. I've no doubt I'll get it once I get my foot in the door (interview). I'm going home in a year, and I'll be following a long standing dream of getting into medical school.

My worry is Canadian medical schools are going to calculate my GPA with my old college courses (from 2006/7) which will sink me to the point where they won't bother with my application.

According to the AFMC the mean for Medical Schools in Western Canada is 3.7 and up.

Build me up or tear me down :xf:

Members don't see this ad.