Will My Political Views Hurt Me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've only ever seen it go the other way; i.e. someone who is a lib young, then pays 10s of 1000s in taxes quarterly and that changes their tune.

You know what they say, "If you're not a liberal when you're young, you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative when you're old, you don't have a brain."

That's a silly and greedy saying. As someone said, the richest counties in the country are democratic (rich DC suburbs, CT, MA counties tied to wall street, NYC, Cali, etc...Not everyone wants lower taxes once they get money. I've been dual income with my wife for a while (about to lose it due to med school) and we make much more than we need to in order to have a decent life. We have a house, decent cars, and plenty of money invested in various things and I have no problem if someone took another 10 dollars from me per year to increase teacher salaries or help the police force or improve infrastructure. I've blown 10 dollars on stupider things. And I'm an independent, not a liberal. Then again, many of the rich kids on here often don't even understand what middle class is and you commonly see people complaining that they don't want some crappy 60-70k per year job and live like a bum. I'm guessing life bites some of those kids in the butt pretty hard if they don't get into med school.

Members don't see this ad.