Will owning a condo affect my med school fin

Started by MT2MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MT2MD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a non-traditional (25yrs) that will be applying to medical school soon. My mother is buying a condo soon and because of family reason, my name will also be included in the deed. How will this affect my medical school financial aid. I will not be the one paying the mortgage. This will be the only property we own.

- I tried searching on the site but the latest thread was from 2007, just wanted to get so updated info. Thanks
 
Since stafford loans aren't affected by credit, then they won't. If you have to get Grad Plus loans, then they require credit approval. My wife and I purchased a house Feb of 2011 and it hasn't had any effects on my loans.
 
I believe that FAFSA does not care whether you own a place or not, so your fin aid package should not be affected.