Will schools teach normally this fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalMan24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Hope everyone is safe. With the current pandemic going on, what are the chances of schools going back to their normal ways of teaching this fall? I’m debating if I should find an apartment for the fall or not.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Our school starts in July and we're starting our classes online first. I think all schools are just waiting to see how things play out, so I'm gonna wait till later to sign a lease.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As of now, Creighton is planning on starting classes as usual in August. I signed a lease because I didn't want to have to scramble and find housing last minute, but I negotiated a COIVD-19 clause in the lease. Per the clause, rent payments are suspended until in-person classes start (at which point I'll move in).

Reactions: 1 users
As of now, Creighton is planning on starting classes as usual in August. I signed a lease because I didn't want to have to scramble and find housing last minute, but I negotiated a COIVD-19 clause in the lease. Per the clause, rent payments are suspended until in-person classes start (at which point I'll move in).

That’s great! How did you go about negotiating? Is the landlord a company or private?

That’s great! How did you go about negotiating? Is the landlord a company or private?

My landlord is familiar with dental school and renting to students, so she gets it. I expressed my concerns to her about not wanting to sign a lease and pay rent if I am unable to move in/start in-person classes on time because of COVID-19. She assured me that she would be fair, but I asked to have a formal clause added to the lease for my peace of mind. She was amenable to the idea given the degree of uncertainty surrounding COIVD-19.

Reactions: 1 user