Will there be PT Jobs in 2025?

Started by lmcjose
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lmcjose

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

This question is mostly directed towards PTs who are currently working, but anyone is free to reply, and it is much appreciated!

I was curious to know if you think there will be PT jobs for NEW PT GRADS in the year 2025 (specifically in SoCal), or will the job market be saturated by then?

Any input/opinion is greatly appreciated! Thanks!🙂
 
None of us has a crystal ball. Anything can happen in 9 years. New laws can be passed, the economy can implode, undergraduate students will lose interest in PT. I tend to be an optimist. The Baby Boomers are going to need and want a lot of physical therapy in the next 10-15 years as they retire, so I don't see a drop in demand. I think the situation will be the same in 2025. Some markets (SoCal, Pittsburgh, Charlotte) will be oversaturated, which will drive down salaries, while medium-size cities and rural areas will pay a premium for PT's.