Will they hold my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BodyBuildingDOC

Dr. Camou
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I took my MCAT for the first (hopefully only) time at the end of August so I’m waiting on my score to come in at the end of September. I just got verified yesterday by AACOMAS and have received 3 supplemental invites thus far. I know I’m supposed to turn these around immediately and pay the secondary app fee… but I’m wondering… Will they screen me out or auto-reject me after I pay the secondary fee because I don’t have an established MCAT score yet?

I’ve read posts on here where others have filled out the secondary app, paid the free, and woke up to a rejection letter in their email the next morning… But if this is not an issue, I’ll be filling these out all day! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Nope they will not reject you. Your application will not be considered as "complete for adcom review" until they receive all your materials, including your pending mcat score. So in a sense, they will place you on hold until your score comes out!

Edit: it wouldn't also hurt to call the schools to let them know that you have an mcat score coming soon, after you turn in their secondaries. Almost all of the school administrators are very friendly ppl!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, they won't review your app without an MCAT. I wouldn't worry. That said, waiting a little bit to turn in the secondaries might be in your benefit, if say you get a higher/lower score than you expected, and that makes you eliminate some schools (and save you money).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I took my MCAT for the first (hopefully only) time at the end of August so I’m waiting on my score to come in at the end of September. I just got verified yesterday by AACOMAS and have received 3 supplemental invites thus far. I know I’m supposed to turn these around immediately and pay the secondary app fee… but I’m wondering… Will they screen me out or auto-reject me after I pay the secondary fee because I don’t have an established MCAT score yet?

I’ve read posts on here where others have filled out the secondary app, paid the free, and woke up to a rejection letter in their email the next morning… But if this is not an issue, I’ll be filling these out all day! :)
But if you have multiple MCAT scores you should tell AACOMAS when you are testing because most will review as soon as complete and you only need one test score to be complete.

Concur.
Nope they will not reject you. Your application will not be considered as "complete for adcom review" until they receive all your materials, including your pending mcat score. So in a sense, they will place you on hold until your score comes out!

Edit: it wouldn't also hurt to call the schools to let them know that you have an mcat score coming soon, after you turn in their secondaries. Almost all of the school administrators are very friendly ppl!