Will this be considered research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RittaTitta

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, so I signed up for a class this semester called Molec Bio Lab Techniques, and in the class we essentially do a bunch of molec cell lab stuff: buffer prep, DNA isolation, CsCl purification, gel electrophoresis, PCR purification and analysis of 16S rDNA, plasmid isolation, and gene sequencing. As well as writing a project report consultation at the end of the semester. I was just wondering if this counts as research?
 
Yeah, I figured. Oh well, I'll just learn these techniques and email profs next semester for any research oppurtunities. Thanks all!