Will this forum change?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akitavet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that the acceptance/rejection season is coming to an end, will this content of this forum change to reflect cool things people are doing in their experience time and stuff like that? I hope so. I would hate to see this forum dead between April and October.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree! It's such a wonderful distraction, and makes me feel like I'm not alone in this whole vet school thing... I love it.

Now that the acceptance/rejection season is coming to an end, will this content of this forum change to reflect cool things people are doing in their experience time and stuff like that? I hope so. I would hate to see this forum dead between April and October.

I think at least some change is inevitable. You won't have people addicted to the forum the same way until the application process starts again. In fact, I think the height of action on this forum was when interviews and decisions were being sent out. I can feel my addiction fading - I only check about 3 times a day now instead of, oh, 20? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I don't check the forum nearly as often now that most people have heard whether they got in or not. My peak checking was between finding out I got an interview and when I got accepted. I kept psyching myself out and worrying looking at people who had way higher gpas than me.

I think the forum will change soon- around June, there will probably be a new batch of people who will apply in the fall and with them will come many application questions to which we can all share our endless wisdom :p

Sadly, I still check compulsively even though I'm not waiting to hear from any schools. It's now a habit and I check it right after my email. I hope that people utilize the Veterinary forums next year, I'll be interested from hearing about experiences froom different schools.

If last year is any indication we'll soon start getting even more "OMG which school should I choose" posts; when VMCAS opens up for the new cycle there will be a whole lot of "how should I count this experience" and "which prof would be better for recommendations"; and then in July or so we'll start getting more "how do I move X, Y, and Z critters cross-country" and "how did you find housing" posts... Basically there's always something to obsess over... :D

I do hope that those who got in this year will start posting on the vet-student forum, 'cause really it's pretty dead over there.

I do hope that those who got in this year will start posting on the vet-student forum, 'cause really it's pretty dead over there.

Yes, we need to totally snazzy up the other forum.

Also, would it be possible to compose some sort of FAQ for the pre-vet forum? I've noticed a similarity in the questions lately, such as "My GPA is awful can I still get into vet school?" type questions. Also we could provide good links, such as the link to the part of the aavmc website that has the specific requirements for each vet school. I found that most helpful.

hopefully we'll all remember to do so. perhaps itll be a good distraction :cool:

Also, would it be possible to compose some sort of FAQ for the pre-vet forum? I've noticed a similarity in the questions lately, such as "My GPA is awful can I still get into vet school?" type questions.

I was totally thinking the same thing! I'm applying in this coming cycle, and I'd hate to ask a bunch of questions that have already been answered in depth, but it's so annoying having to go through everything to try and find something.

Excellent. I can't wait to start regaling ya'll with tales of my spring gardening and later, seed harvesting! :hardy:

No, really. I'm not kidding! :p

:laugh:

Or my trip to visit "the mouse" :D

I'm still totally addicted, and hope we can keep up with each other on the vet student forum! :thumbup:

Excellent. I can't wait to start regaling ya'll with tales of my spring gardening and later, seed harvesting! :hardy:

No, really. I'm not kidding! :p

:laugh:

Spring planting still seems so far away and mother nature certainly isn't making waiting easy. How dare she tease us with unseasonably warm weather over the weekend and then make it cold and rainy again! :(

Here in Ohio the weather remains almost 80 and sunny. I certainly needed it too! If I had come back from spring break I would have seriously regretted not applying to some vet schools in the South ;) .

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for making me feel better, not!:p

It's in the 50's, rainy and windy in Milwaukee. However, I would have to say the two 80 degree days we had this weekend were almost too warm. 65.3 degrees sounds nice....:laugh:

the 80 degree weather in madison was way too warm, I guess I am just not use to anything above 50. its crazy last week there was still snow on the ground, and yesterday it was 80. :eek:

Excellent. I can't wait to start regaling ya'll with tales of my spring gardening and later, seed harvesting!

:thumbup: :cool:

southwest michigan is running around the top 60's and low 70's... and the daffodils are out! yay!!!:laugh:

In the NYC area, it hit in the 70's today. Actually too warm in the sun, since I like it pleasant and warm, but not too much!

I can't wait to get in the garden!

The best part is that some of my plants attracted hummingbirds in past summers (Ruby Throats) so that's really cool. ;)

I love how the weather in the Palouse, WSU territory, was in the 70's last week and today it snowed! JOY! :rolleyes:

It's a little more spring like here today... 60-65 and raining!

Let the housing search begin!!!

It's a little more spring like here today... 60-65 and raining!

Let the housing search begin!!!

Have you decided on a school for sure then?

the 80 degree weather in madison was way too warm, I guess I am just not use to anything above 50.

This California girl would still be wearing a light sweater in 80 degree weather. haha. For me, anything below 75 degrees requires a jacket. :rolleyes:

This California girl would still be wearing a light sweater in 80 degree weather. haha. For me, anything below 75 degrees requires a jacket. :rolleyes:

I'm with Wisco, the 80 degrees was too warm (at least for this time of year) and I think most other people around here would agree! Anything above 50 and you'll find people wearing shorts:laugh: But for now, it's back to light jackets. In the 40's today:( Come on 60's!!

<-- going to the Galapagos in May....so whether or not I get in, I still have a fun trip to look forward too!

<-- going to the Galapagos in May....so whether or not I get in, I still have a fun trip to look forward too!

Have fun! I went last year--bring a good camera but don't bother with a telephoto unless you are trying to get good shots of birds. Be cautious with the sea lions--it's their beach and they aren't afraid to enforce the rules!!
Do you know what boat your going on? It isn't the Beluga is it?

I'd be envious but I'm going to Tanzania in June!

ah - i'm so jealous... i'm stuck here in the office for 40+ hours a week until 08/10 (driving to csu on 8/11!!). at least we have a little sun peaking through the clouds 3 months earlier than expected. it is supposed to be 64 degrees tomorrow!!!! yeah!

Woke up to 6+ inches of snow outside this morning?!?!? :eek: Wasn't quite expecting that one after watching the weather forecast yesterday. All I keep hearing is "well that's just spring time in the Rocky Mountains." It brings back ugly flashbacks of our 8 straight weeks of weekend snow storms in Dec and Jan. Good thing I haven't worked in my garden too much yet!

Have you decided on a school for sure then?

I'm assuming, only because she posted that she's declining Purdue.

<---- part of Jen's fan club over here ;)

<---- part of Jen's fan club over here ;)[/QUOTE]

You crack me up!!