will this have a negative impact on reapplicants ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentgal23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AADSAS application, there is a question regarding the previous cycle(s):

Have you ever applied to dental school prior to the present application cycle?

If yes, include the name of schools to which you applied and year(s) of application. If accepted/enrolled, indicate dates of enrollment.

I'm a re-applicant (still on 2 waiting lists, but still re-applying next Monday) who applied to a large number of schools (will cut down the list for this upcoming cycle). I was wondering if listing out all of the schools that did not accept me for this question will place me at a disadvantage. Do schools have access to all of the schools we've applied to in previous cycles regardless of what we list on the application? Reading through several threads, I've learned that some applicants have applied to over 20 schools etc., so just wanted to get some feedback for anyone in a similar position. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just saw this post by Glimmer1991 that answers this question if anyone was wondering the answer:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/aadsas-faq-compilation.1020426/#post-14255012

7. Question: If a school asks me to list all of the others schools to which I am applying, should I? Why is this any of their business?

It's not up to us to decide what questions are "appropriate" for schools to ask. You should absolutely be truthful. You want to have full disclosure on EVERYTHING on your application.

Could they find out you were lying? I'm sure. Would they put in the effort? Who the heck knows. Just don't risk it.

Every year, people apply to TONS of schools, answer this question truthfully, and still get multiple acceptances. The general consensus is that it probably doesn't have any effect whatsoever on your application.