Will this LOR work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of the schools I'm applying for requires 2 LORs from science faculty who have taught and graded a course I was in. I have one of them done, but the other one I do not know if it will work or not. I am in a class that is basically independent studies on the transcript so it is graded pass/fail, this class is undergraduate teaching experience, or basically undergrad TA, I am basically an assistant TA to the professor of the lab portion of the course. And she has taught me a lot. Would a LOR from the lab professor count for that last LOR? It would be difficult for me to get a different science LOR at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

how strict would they be on this requirement i guess is my question

Members don't see this ad :)
You're a buckeye, so they may let it go.

In all honesty, if they say a graded course, they may really mean a graded course. How about being annoying and calling a school to see if the LOR will work.

I thought it had to be a science professor who taught you in a legitimate course.

I thought it had to be a science professor who taught you in a legitimate course.
Some cannot read and want their application on hold. Also "It would be difficult for me to get a different science LOR at this point." They do not want to put any effort into the application process.

I am using a LOR under the exact same premise. However, all my schools say about it is along the line of "science faculty who have taught you". If I am asked about why I had a LOR from someone who graded my P/F I will just say they did indeed give me a grade... I passed. Eh, my other science LOR is pretty solid, I think, so.....

Some cannot read and want their application on hold. Also "It would be difficult for me to get a different science LOR at this point." They do not want to put any effort into the application process.

Are you being serious...