William Carey Biomedical Sciences Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worker Bee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anone been accepted to the biomedical science program at William Carey or is anyone a student there. I have been trying to find out information from students about the program such as was it helpful in getting admitted into medical school, cost of tuition, and any other helpful info that anyone can give me. I haven't seen anything on this forum about them and was just wondering has anyone heard any good things about this program.

Members don't see this ad.

I see an announcement but I don't see any further info. Maybe somebody can confirm it started in Fall '09 as announced.

Worker Bee, there's a similar program at Mississippi College that's been discussed in this forum, if that's of interest.

I think olemissbabydoc did this program, maybe contact her?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been through this program recently? I heard they changed some stuff but I haven't found anyone who attends school here.

I'm debating attending this program but have not been able to find ANYTHING on sdn (or anywhere else for that matter). Does anyone know anything about the program? Is it worth it? Pros/cons? anything?

Last edited:
I'm debating attending this program but have not been able to find ANYTHING on sdn (or anywhere else for that matter). Does anyone know anything about the program? Is it worth it? Pros/cons? anything?

Hey Physicgirl27 have you decided whether or not your going to attend the program? I am also trying to find more info on it!

Hey Physicgirl27 have you decided whether or not your going to attend the program? I am also trying to find more info on it!

Hey! I got accepted but I turned it down since I'm going to LMU-DCOM's PMSP program instead. I interviewed their for their med school but didn't get in but I LOVED everything about it. Plus, I hadn't heard too much about WCU and I wasn't comfortable going into a program I didn't know anything about.

thanks for the info and I agree with your choice. I'm also leaning more towards another program. Good luck at LMU!!!

Hey guys,

i just got an acceptance to their program and I'm wondering if there is any current students in this program that can give me some more info about their program? do most of these students get into WCUCOM afterwards? is it well-organized? difficulty? teacher-student friendly? all i can seem to find is whats posted on WCU faq page and i would like some personal opinions before i make a final decision, any extra info would be great! thanks!

I hope you see this drinprogress or anyone else who can answer: Is the program only one year? What classes do you take each semester? Thanks.

The program is still one year long, but the curriculum format has changed from when I went through it. I would email or call the MBS program director, Dr. Roark for more details. He'll be able to help more than I can. PM me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!

Last edited:
The program is still one year long, but the curriculum format has changed from when I went through it. I would email or call the MBS program director, Dr. Roark for more details. He'll be able to help more than I can. PM me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!
Ok, thanks for the reply!

Hey there,

Is anyone applying this cycle? Please let me know. I submitted my application and haven't heard a word.

Hey there,

Is anyone applying this cycle? Please let me know. I submitted my application and haven't heard a word.
Yea, I just received an acceptance by email earlier today.

Oh wow. Congrats!!! When did you apply? Are you planning to go there?

Oh wow. Congrats!!! When did you apply? Are you planning to go there?
I applied last month. Not sure if I'm attending yet. Also got into Mississippi College post bach and waiting on some others.

ohh where else did you apply? isn't the class size like 20 here?

Hey,

I've been accepted but I am contemplating on going. Can you give your thoughts/pros/cons on the program?