William Carey University will open a pharmacy school in Fall 2018.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is this a good idea?


  • Total voters
    27
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not from the area, but is this a real university, or one of those vocational health science campuses where the degree mix (before PharmD) was pharm tech, LVN, CNA, and RN/BSN?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do hope they don't offer a degree in media arts/photography...was this the best photo to run with the article?
0618_BILO_pharmacy%20school02.jpg
 
I'm not from the area, but is this a real university, or one of those vocational health science campuses where the degree mix (before PharmD) was pharm tech, LVN, CNA, and RN/BSN?
William Carey is another non-profit, bible beater, liberal arts university. Gotta love these private God-squad colleges and their overly-priced health degrees.
+pissed+

William Carey already has premium-priced DO, BSN, and DPT programs. And they're hellbent on starting up a PharmD program. They must be screaming Hallelujah :soexcited:with all that student loan money flowing into their coffers.


I'm so disappointed; I thought they would have an overpriced PA program by now. :laugh:

The University of Mississippi has a PharmD program that costs 28K an year (expensive for this region of the country.) I expect tuition for this new pharmacy school to be in the region of 36-48K.

God have mercy on the souls of anybody who decides to go here. That's worse than getting eaten by a dog.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.