William Carrey in Hattiesburg

Started by RNtoMD87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RNtoMD87

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone attended this school or know whether its a good choice?
 
OMS-4 graduating on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I'm with @Goro on this one. There has been so much faculty turnover, only 25-50 percent of what I started with remain. So, I can't really speak to the quality of the pre-clinical education anymore. Clinical years were pretty solid for me, had good experiences, and was well prepared for the COMLEX 2-PE (one of the things they definitely get right at WCUCOM). Did well on away rotations, but didn't match, scrambled into a local TRI (not totally their fault though). Combining the mandatory attendance, lack of decent board prep time, onerous 3rd and especially 4th year requirements, and now my classes attrition, board score/failure rate, match rate, and possibility of a probation-I'd stay away until they can get their stuff back together.

It's actually kind of sad to me, there was a time I could in good conscience recommend them on here, and did a few times. But I don't feel like I can anymore. It could be a fantastic school, and hopefully will be in a few years if COCA finally steps in. Shoot me a PM if you want further.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im hoping to get into LSU NO but incase that doesn't work up, thinking of other schools that appeal most to me.
 
Since most med schools are pass fail, how do you avoid being that 8%? What is it based on? Just standardized test scores?
 
Since most med schools are pass fail, how do you avoid being that 8%? What is it based on? Just standardized test scores?
Be in the pool of candidates that have GPAs > 3.3 and MCAT > 500 If you have that, you can handle any med school. Also, have good coping skills, no history of mental health issues (or have them well under control), be resilient, and have good time mgt skills. Latsly, be in Medicine for the right reasons.
 
I mean after you complete med school in order to secure a residency. How to not be that 8% that makes it through med school but still doesn't get a residency?
 
OMS-4 graduating on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I'm with @Goro on this one. There has been so much faculty turnover, only 25-50 percent of what I started with remain. So, I can't really speak to the quality of the pre-clinical education anymore. Clinical years were pretty solid for me, had good experiences, and was well prepared for the COMLEX 2-PE (one of the things they definitely get right at WCUCOM). Did well on away rotations, but didn't match, scrambled into a local TRI (not totally their fault though). Combining the mandatory attendance, lack of decent board prep time, onerous 3rd and especially 4th year requirements, and now my classes attrition, board score/failure rate, match rate, and possibility of a probation-I'd stay away until they can get their stuff back together.

It's actually kind of sad to me, there was a time I could in good conscience recommend them on here, and did a few times. But I don't feel like I can anymore. It could be a fantastic school, and hopefully will be in a few years if COCA finally steps in. Shoot me a PM if you want further.
BTW Congrats bro!