Wingate anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jabhilok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ppl just wanna know if anyone going to join wingate??? i would like to know if anyone will be joining me...

Members don't see this ad.

I had interview w/ wingate on jan 26th.. and i got letter the next week saying basically that i m on waiting list.. and today i received letter that they couldn't offer me a seat for fall 2007 class...
take care

I was looking into Wingate..Thought it might have been a good school. Anyone go there? went there? or have any comments about it??

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking into Wingate..Thought it might have been a good school. Anyone go there? went there? or have any comments about it??

Wingate has a very nice group-oriented curriculum that has some elements from med school. This is the first year where their students will take the NAPLEX. I found the student body to have plenty of camaraderie , which is nice. So overall, I think Wingate could be a "diamond in the rough" in a few years, so people should apply there as an option as it still has the newness surrounding the program.

Wingate has a very nice group-oriented curriculum that has some elements from med school. This is the first year where their students will take the NAPLEX. I found the student body to have plenty of camaraderie , which is nice. So overall, I think Wingate could be a "diamond in the rough" in a few years, so people should apply there as an option as it still has the newness surrounding the program.

Do u currently attend Wingate??

Hey I got accepted into Wingate. Looking forward to the Fall. Congrats.

I completed my B.S. there.....small school, TINY town.

I have no regrets, I still have those friends (graduated in 1997) but if you are looking for big city life, or even big town life, it may not be for you.
one grocery store, 2 fast food joints, 2 gas stations....ZERO bars or anything else.

as for the Pharmacy program, I don't know.
I didn't even apply there b/c I felt like "been there, done that"

Good luck to everyone!

I completed my B.S. there.....small school, TINY town.

I have no regrets, I still have those friends (graduated in 1997) but if you are looking for big city life, or even big town life, it may not be for you.
one grocery store, 2 fast food joints, 2 gas stations....ZERO bars or anything else.

as for the Pharmacy program, I don't know.
I didn't even apply there b/c I felt like "been there, done that"

Good luck to everyone!

I attend Wingate and don't feel that the size of the town has any impact on my quality of life. Who cares if there are zero bars, one grocery store, 2 fast food joints, 2 gas stations, etc. If you pick your pharmacy school based on these characteristics then maybe you shouldn't be in pharmacy school...but I guess some people care about those things.

I went to one of the largest private universities in the country for my undergraduate degree, right in the middle of Boston, accross from Harvard and MIT. Yea, Boston has tons of fun things to do, so many bars, restaurants, gas stations, etc. However, I feel that my quality of life is 100x better than it was in Boston because Wingate is such a tight community. And yes, the students are not as competetive with each other as other places that I have heard of b/c Wingate does place so much emphasis on working as a team, etc.

I was in the Feb 2nd interview group and was notified that next week of my acceptance. Pretty stoked about it. Also just incase nobody in this thread knew, there is a facebook group with a few of us who are either thinking about Wingate SOP or who are going there in the fall.

Gavin

Why is it that when you search pharmacy school in Nc wingate doesnt come up?

Why is it that when you search pharmacy school in Nc wingate doesnt come up?

It's there.....:)

Wingate will just be fully accredited sometime around May so that could be one reason why it doesn't show up in your search. Still, type in Wingate pharmacy in Google and you'll find it.

i really want to go to wingate! Its like my top school that i want to get into. I might set up a tour of it in a few weeks considering im a senior this yr! i was wondering for those who get in is there anyway u tell me your gpa and pcat scores? I heard that the campus is beautiful and its a lot like High Point University (where i'm currently getting by BS in bio).
Thanks everyone and congrats to those who got accepted!
-tinymissdr

i really want to go to wingate! Its like my top school that i want to get into. I might set up a tour of it in a few weeks considering im a senior this yr! i was wondering for those who get in is there anyway u tell me your gpa and pcat scores? I heard that the campus is beautiful and its a lot like High Point University (where i'm currently getting by BS in bio).
Thanks everyone and congrats to those who got accepted!
-tinymissdr

Hi Tinymissdr
my Sci GPA is 3.65 and my pcat was 87% over all :( ....hope this helps...i went to wingate for the interview and fell in love with the temperature, beauty of NC and also ppl at wingate...
the collage looks beautiful, small but nice...
hope this helps...