-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wingate or Campbell?
Started by 97obw
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1
104921
I'd go for campbell, simply because wingate isn't accredited yet (I think their program is fairly young, not because they suck or anything; their first graduating class is this year).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really liked Wingate when I had my interview there. The faculty were really nice too. The dean did a pretty good job selling me on the place.
If you like the smaller, rural town life.. and smaller class size.. go for Wingate. Accreditation didn't seem like it would be a problem at all.
If you like the smaller, rural town life.. and smaller class size.. go for Wingate. Accreditation didn't seem like it would be a problem at all.
Wingate seemed friendlier to me. I never applied to Campbell because when I contacted them by telephone with some questions not answered by their website, the woman was very condescending. Although the dean at Wingate was very convincing about the prospect of receiving accreditation, I would like an unbiased appraisal for my $12,000 in tuition each term. If I were in this situation, I might consider applying to a few other schools.
I don't believe this person has interviewed yet, nor been accepted. S/he "hears" its a boring ghost town. Obviously, they have not visited the school yet for an interview or they could have observed the town them self. Also, Wingate does not have on campus housing for pharmacy students. But a lot of pharmacy students live in some nearby apartments together.
I don't believe this person has interviewed yet, nor been accepted. S/he "hears" its a boring ghost town. Obviously, they have not visited the school yet for an interview or they could have observed the town them self. Also, Wingate does not have on campus housing for pharmacy students. But a lot of pharmacy students live in some nearby apartments together.
In another post, the OP states that they have been accepted to the school, not the pharmacy school. So no, they have not been accepted.
Personally, I would be careful going to a school which is not accred., but it does usually work out. I sent an application there, but stopped any further applying to the school once they were on some type of probation period or something, I never got the full story on that.
I go to Campbell now. It is in the middle of nowhere, so many commute from around the raleigh area, so unless you like a commute prepare to be bored whenever you do get free time or have to drive a ways to go out. However, the good things:
nothing to do...well all you do is study anyway and you dont feel like you are missing out quite as much
it is a private school so things arent as beautiful as public schools, but they are "beautifying the campus" and building new buildings...and the pharmacy building should open any day now (finally)
i like the faculty (you have the occasional horrific teacher but thats every school), but the administration really does care about the students and makes you feel like part of a "family"
small school benefits and drawbacks (personally I would rather go to a small town, but it all depends on the person)
great dual degree programs to go with your pharmacy degree
excellent board passing rate
I go to Campbell now. It is in the middle of nowhere, so many commute from around the raleigh area, so unless you like a commute prepare to be bored whenever you do get free time or have to drive a ways to go out. However, the good things:
nothing to do...well all you do is study anyway and you dont feel like you are missing out quite as much
it is a private school so things arent as beautiful as public schools, but they are "beautifying the campus" and building new buildings...and the pharmacy building should open any day now (finally)
i like the faculty (you have the occasional horrific teacher but thats every school), but the administration really does care about the students and makes you feel like part of a "family"
small school benefits and drawbacks (personally I would rather go to a small town, but it all depends on the person)
great dual degree programs to go with your pharmacy degree
excellent board passing rate
Hi, I was wondering how did they inform you of your interview? By mail, email, phone call, etc.? I just emailed Campbell university to check my status and they told me I was going to get a letter in the mail in 8 to 10 weeks. I was wondering if it is a rejection letter.Personally, I would be careful going to a school which is not accred., but it does usually work out. I sent an application there, but stopped any further applying to the school once they were on some type of probation period or something, I never got the full story on that.
I go to Campbell now. It is in the middle of nowhere, so many commute from around the raleigh area, so unless you like a commute prepare to be bored whenever you do get free time or have to drive a ways to go out. However, the good things:
nothing to do...well all you do is study anyway and you dont feel like you are missing out quite as much
it is a private school so things arent as beautiful as public schools, but they are "beautifying the campus" and building new buildings...and the pharmacy building should open any day now (finally)
i like the faculty (you have the occasional horrific teacher but thats every school), but the administration really does care about the students and makes you feel like part of a "family"
small school benefits and drawbacks (personally I would rather go to a small town, but it all depends on the person)
great dual degree programs to go with your pharmacy degree
excellent board passing rate
Hi, I was wondering how did they inform you of your interview? By mail, email, phone call, etc.? I just emailed Campbell university to check my status and they told me I was going to get a letter in the mail in 8 to 10 weeks. I was wondering if it is a rejection letter.
Caeby,
It is not a rejection letter, they sent the same thing to me. I think they are still reviewing.
i applied to 8 schools. and so far i have only received 2 interview calls (nova and wingate). my pcat score sucks. but gpa is pretty good.. i am really worried !
can anybody give me tips abt the interview for nova and wingate please !!
can anybody give me tips abt the interview for nova and wingate please !!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey gizmo.. can you give me some tips. i have interview on friday and am flying tom for NC.. i m quite nervous, it is my first interview. and my pcat score sucks !! but my gpa is pretty good
Check your PMs.
I love Wingate. The pharmacy building and the campus are both beautiful, the faculty is awesome (all of our teachers are young and most of them are very interesting), and even though wingate IS in the middle of nowhere, charlotte is not far at all. I have a friend who goes to campbell and she is very unhappy there. I can only say what I know from experience, but I really am enjoying Wingate and I feel like I am getting a great education. Also, as far as the accredidation thing is concerned, the first class graduates this year and the school is right where they are supposed to be with everything, so in june the school will be accredited.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 4K