wingate roommates

Started by uncc715
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uncc715

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just accepted to Wingate and Im now looking for a roommate. Anyone else looking for a roommate at Wingate?
 
I am considering a roommate, not 100% sure yet since I had a bad experience two years ago with irresposible roommates. Are you a girl or a guy? Just letting you know that I am a 24 year old female non-smoker not much of a party person. I am quiet and I appreciate a quiet environment. I would move in with a female roommate. When are they going to give us access to the Wingate account to find roommates or places to live? So, far I have found 5 potential places in Monroe and Matthews. I definitely will have to take a trip over there sometime soon. But yikes, its near a 10 hour drive over there.
 
I am considering a female roommate as well (I am a female). I called Wingate SOP and they said they will be sending us the login/pwd sometime in April after they finish interviewing everyone. Hope to see you all in the fall!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 24 y/o non smoker,non drinker, non partier but do enjoying laughing very much. My family lives less than an hour from the school so I will be gone most weekends. I need someone reaponsible especially if I buy a condo. I am looking to buy a condo about 15 min from the school. If I decide to rent the bedrooms I will only rent to females that are similar to me and I MUST meet you first. This is not set in stone but if all works out I will have two bedrooms that I will be renting. The condo is brand new and each bedroom has its own bath. The rent will be $475 plus a deposit of $500 (you will get it back if you leave it in good condition when you leave). I may negotiate a little on rent if you agree to stay the full 3 years that we will be in classes. PM me if interested.
 
has anyone found any nice apartments? I really dont care to much about buying a condo and having that responsibility. Id really like to just rent and have a roommate but all the apartments in the area seem quite scary. The closest nice ones are about 30 min away that I have seen.
 
has anyone found any nice apartments? I really dont care to much about buying a condo and having that responsibility. Id really like to just rent and have a roommate but all the apartments in the area seem quite scary. The closest nice ones are about 30 min away that I have seen.

I agree with you. Every place that I saw close to Wingate wasn't appealing. I would rather live in a better place and commute everyday. I wish I could go to NC to see more apartments, but I live in CA so I can probably make one trip in which I would have to settle for a place. :scared:
 
cheapest place for the money Ive found is still $700 for a 2bdr/2bth plus utilities, which is alot for the area. I guess they can charge it since there are no apartments to choose from. That good ol supply and demand thing sux. I will probably just end up buying that condo 🙁 b/c Im not living in a scary place. Still gotta find a roommate regardless which sux b/c not many people r from the area.