Wingate Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themorphinerule

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear from Wingate students how the curriculum is. How tough is the first year? What's the easiest part/ what's the hardest part? What kind of stuff should I look out for? I hear the 2nd is a killer, but what are some of the challenges, and how are the tests and so on. From what I understand the curriculum is geared towards the clinical aspects of pharmacy. Whatever information you can share, thanks. Congrats to our first graduating cass this year! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

The first year is a substantial change from anything you're used to... intro undergrad courses, grad level courses... a significant portion of the first semester of the first year is spent (at least for me, anyway) adjusting to the intensity of the pharmacy curriculum.

The easiest part: getting to know people in your class.
The hardest part: all the rest.

Tests are hard. They're supposed to be. You'll be a doctor at the end.

The best part of the curriculum is the integration - the things you learn in your P1 year carry over throughout the rest of your time in school.

It's a terrific program. You'll really enjoy it. Good luck this fall!

i go to wingate and i really love it. that said, IT IS HARD. all pharmacy schools are. as the previous poster stated, you're getting a pretty serious degree so take it seriously. when i began, i thought that studying for 6 hours was a lot. bsi (which is a class you'll take throughout your first year) taught me that it takes 9 days - 8 hours a day - to study for a hard exam if you want a good grade.
don't let me scare you. as i said, i really love it at wingate. their program is great and i feel like it's really getting me ready for what i want to do after i graduate (it is definitely geared towards the clinical side) but be prepared to buckle down!
feel free to pm me if you have any questions~