Wingate University Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rosco39483

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into Wingate University in September, has anyone else been accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

how did you find out? snail mail or email?

I received a phone call from the admissions office first. Then an email/letter of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was recently accepted into Wingate University in September, has anyone else been accepted?
I applied mid September but havn't heard anything back yet.. when did you apply/what were your stats like?

I was also accepted to Wingate for the Jan 2016 start date. Does anyone know anything about the program besides what is posted on their website?

When did you guys apply and also did you guys have an interview?

They sent me an email saying they had received all my materials 10/30. I think I submitted my materials on PTCAS around 10/9. And they called on Wednesday and offered a spot. There was no interview.

Reactions: 1 user
They sent me an email saying they had received all my materials 10/30. I think I submitted my materials on PTCAS around 10/9. And they called on Wednesday and offered a spot. There was no interview.

Could you share your stat please?

Undergrad: University of South Florida
Major: Biomedical Sciences
GPA:3.62
PTCAS pre-req GPA: 3.81

GRE: 157 Quant, 149 Verbal, 4.5 Writing

Currently work as a rehab tech at a hospital full-time, also have observation hours at 5 other places (inpatient and outpatient)

Undergrad: UNC Charlotte
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.86
PTCAS pre-req GPA: 3.84

GRE: 160 Quant, 152 Verbal, 3 Writing

PT Shadowing: 4 different settings with 110 hours in total.

Hey guys! congrats! I will be starting Jan. 2015 (soon!) So I am a class before you. The program seems really awesome. If you want to set up a visit and check it out they are very accommodating. I met all of the faculty and talked to the program director about the program for about 30 min. in a face to face meeting after I was accepted. They also set up a meeting with the people in financial aid. If you have any questions or anything I will be glad to share what I know!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I was just accepted as well! If anybody has any insight regarding the program they would like to share, please do!

I got an email yesterday saying that my application was still under review. Did any of you who've been accepted get that email, or did you just get the first email saying that they've received your application? I'm wondering if I've essentially been wait listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe I only received the one saying they had gotten my application. As of tonight I have officially accepted a spot in their program. There is one more program I'm considering, but I'm still waiting to hear back. My 30 days were up and I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity. I'm super excited though.

I believe I only received the one saying they had gotten my application. As of tonight I have officially accepted a spot in their program. There is one more program I'm considering, but I'm still waiting to hear back. My 30 days were up and I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity. I'm super excited though.
Thanks! It's better than an outright rejection anyways. Just focusing on my two interviews next week :)

Good luck! They have rolling admissions, so you never know when you might get the call!

Good luck! They have rolling admissions, so you never know when you might get the call!
Thanks! And good luck to you with the SC schools. If MUSC tuition (especially out of state) weren't so high, I would have loved to go there. I did my undergrad many years ago at the College of Charleston - what a great city!

Yea, I'm from Sc but i figured by the time you evened out starting a half year earlier at MUSC it would be about the same as Wingate. You would already be working by the time you graduated from Wingate. There are so many things to consider though. Yea, I love the Charleston area!

Hey RunHappy, I got the same 2nd e-mail you said you got. My app was sent. Dec 17. and I got that e-mail this morning. Have you heard from Wingate at all since then?

I've also received two emails from Wingate, one on 12/17 saying they've received my application (It was mailed by PTCAS on 12/16, GRE was sent before that) and then one today (12/22) saying my application is still under review and that they want to "remain in contact with me throughout the process" and let me know a decision as soon as possible. It sounds like @rus14 and I are in the same boat. I'm hoping it's not a waitlisting like @RunHappy said. My in-state chances aren't looking good, so I'm hoping for the best from Wingate.

I'm hoping it's some kind of place between accepted and waitlisted instead of just straight up waitlisted.

I'm hoping Tis some kind of place between accepted and waitlisted instead of just straight up waitlisted.

It's definitely not a waitlist because I got at least those 2 emails if not more and kept wondering why they were emailing me about basically nothing and then got in a few weeks later. Maybe they just contact you whenever your file passes through the committee's hands?

Is there a Facebook group for the class?

They must really take pride in keeping you updated because I just got another email again today, saying pretty much the same thing as last time. So either they like keeping you informed or they really are debating offering me a spot or something.

I got the same email today also spartangirl93.

Those that were accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you, and congrats :)

I'm hoping it's some kind of place between accepted and waitlisted instead of just straight up waitlisted.
Yeah it's definitly not the waitlist. I've gotten about 4-5 of them since September, but just got the acceptance call this morning!

Major: Sports Medicine
Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-req GPA: 3.41
GRE: 151V 150Q 4AW
~700 observation hours

Hi everyone! As I mentioned earlier, I have been accepted at Wingate for the class beginning next January.
I was wondering if anyone had any insight on places to live while attending Wingate. Would a commute from Charlotte be too much to handle? Are there any good options closer to Wingate's campus?

Any information on this would be appreciated!

I am in my first semester of the DPT program at Wingate. I live in Matthews which is right outside of charlotte, it's about a half hour commute. A lot of people in my class live on campus, but I like living in Matthews. Wingate is too out in the middle of nowhere for me to live as I used to live in an urban area. Some people from my class commute from Charlotte and it takes them about 45 min. to get to class, some people live out in Monroe which is the town before Wingate. Other options would be stallings and indian trail which are closer to Matthews and Charlotte.

I am in my first semester of the DPT program at Wingate. I live in Matthews which is right outside of charlotte, it's about a half hour commute. A lot of people in my class live on campus, but I like living in Matthews. Wingate is too out in the middle of nowhere for me to live as I used to live in an urban area. Some people from my class commute from Charlotte and it takes them about 45 min. to get to class, some people live out in Monroe which is the town before Wingate. Other options would be stallings and indian trail which are closer to Matthews and Charlotte.

Thank you for the info! Are you liking the program so far?

Has anyone heard anything from Wingate recently?
I haven't gotten an email since the 2nd, but I did email them an updated copy of my resume (I had some new extracurricular activities I wanted them to see and you can't update PTCAS) and they said they would add it to my file. I'm hoping they give decisions soon!

Thank you for the info! Are you liking the program so far?

I really love the program thus far. All of the professors are amazing and it is obvious they want us all to succeed, they are all incredibly supportive. It is ALOT of work, but it is manageable thus far.

Me too, @snowwhitez. They must do a monthly update kind of thing. I applied around Mid-December and I was hoping today may be the decision email.

Any other news from Wingate for anyone? It's looking like they're my only hope for getting accepted this year.

Any other news from Wingate for anyone? It's looking like they're my only hope for getting accepted this year.
Still no word on my end. They didn't send me a monthly update email this month, so maybe they're starting to let applicants know.

has anyone heard anything recently? I received an update email on 5/14 but nothing yet

Yes, they emailed me. Has anyone heard about Wingate? Is it a good school?

Yes, they emailed me. Has anyone heard about Wingate? Is it a good school?

I am in my second semester at Wingate, and the program is awesome. I can't say enough about the faculty and how much they support us and help us to succeed. It is a new program which I was nervous about when I decided to accept my offer for this program, but I actually like the fact that it is a new program because we have a lot of input into what we like and don't like about things in order to find the best formula. Congrats on being accepted!

Hey guys! congrats! I will be starting Jan. 2015 (soon!) So I am a class before you. The program seems really awesome. If you want to set up a visit and check it out they are very accommodating. I met all of the faculty and talked to the program director about the program for about 30 min. in a face to face meeting after I was accepted. They also set up a meeting with the people in financial aid. If you have any questions or anything I will be glad to share what I know!

I am in my second semester at Wingate, and the program is awesome. I can't say enough about the faculty and how much they support us and help us to succeed. It is a new program which I was nervous about when I decided to accept my offer for this program, but I actually like the fact that it is a new program because we have a lot of input into what we like and don't like about things in order to find the best formula. Congrats on being accepted!

Hello! I understand you both are both current Wingate DPT students. I am applying to Wingate in a few days. Their website states that their DPT program has 43 weeks of in clinic education. How many clinical sites nationwide does Wingate have contracts with?