Wingate University Interview

Started by pharm123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a call from Wingate University inviting me for an interview. Has anyone else received the same call? Does anyone know what this school looks for? Anyone have any tips?
 
I received a call as well~! Yeah!
My interview will be on 12th Jan.
I have never been to the school, but from the photos, it looks like a nice place.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's everyone's stats that have gotten an interview..... My PCAt is low....59 and GPA=3.76.
 
Definitely check out the interview feedback page on SDN. I wrote a page about my interview last year. Lets just say, it was very different. 😉

I had a group interview about an abortion pill.
Personal essay on ethics.
3 separate interviews with different professors.

Be sure to have a few things prepared:
A quick statement describing yourself when you're asked by the Dean... in front of the rest of the students being interviewed, "so tell us a little about yourself" or "so tell us something interesting about yourself." That way you won't look like 😳 when you freeze like a deer in headlights.

At least 3 to 4 questions to ask your interviewers. Try to turn the interviews into casual conversations if possible.

DO NOT SPEED on the main roads near Wingate. They're speed traps. 🙂

By the way, I was very impressed with the school. Although it's small, I had no doubt they'll get accreditation. I had sent them my $500 and everything to reserve my seat when a day after the check was sent, I got accepted to UF. 😉
 
Hey did any of your guys handwrite your applications after your printed them out or did you scan them into word and finish them?
 
i think i am getting an interview at wingate too, i miss the call so i have to call them on monday. how is the school? i am already accepted to Nova in Fl, so im not sure if i should go to the interview. but im being indecisive. what do you think i should do?

btw pharm123:
my stats are mediocre, pcats is 72 and sci+overall gpa is 3.25

also i handwrote the secondary application
 
i think i am getting an interview at wingate too, i miss the call so i have to call them on monday. how is the school? i am already accepted to Nova in Fl, so im not sure if i should go to the interview. but im being indecisive. what do you think i should do?

btw pharm123:
my stats are mediocre, pcats is 72 and sci+overall gpa is 3.25

also i handwrote the secondary application

Your stats are FAR FROM mediocre--I mean come on--you've been accepted into how many schools again?? AND you have another school wanting to interview you! 😀

About the Wingate interview--did you decide on whether or not to go? I think you should--but then again--it does cost alot of money to travel--but I would research the school--and go by how you feel I guess..what school do you want to get into the most?

I also applied to Wingate--but I haven't heard anything--probably due to my stupid PCAT score! 😡 🙁