-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Winging it
Started by nutripharma
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
im in the same boat as you. i would say get a pearson practice test. try one and see how you do with the knowledge you know now. but take a brief look in the back of kaplan or any other books like their reference sheet. we still got time!! only 5 more days away
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm winging it because some of the schools that I want to get into don't look at the PCAT, but my top which is Creighton's online program does look at the pcat. I will retake in January once I get my stipend and buy the collins material.
Oh really? Which schools if you don't mind me asking aren't looking at the PCAT? Is your GPA high and everything too? @nutripharma
My EC's are stellar according to a couple of schools and my job and research experience is as well. My gpa is about to go up by .4 this semester with 18 credits and all A's so it'll end up being a 3.8XX by the time the semester is over. I'm not stressing it because I cannot afford to stress it right now. Regarding the schools that don't look at the PCAT, there is a huge list on SDN if you search for it.
I have the Collins with January and June updates. Just started looking at it. Going to focus on chemistry and math. Biology is more memorization and common sense so I'll use the reference sheets for the main parts
I have those too from 2013 and 2014. If the PCAT was heavy on orgo, I would probably rock it.
Unfortunately it isn't, good luck to everyone! I'm working tomorrow and wednesday in the pharmacy so I'll be swamped.
How hard do you think the math was/is? I'm pretty good with whatever Dr. Collins gave me, but I've heard it's really hard on the PCAT.
I am taking mine Friday as well, I don't think math is hard, I think is way too many calculations in a little amount of time, I am pretty slow tho, but what is working for me is skipping the heavy calculations and finishing the easy ones first, then coming back for those. Sometimes, I have not been able to finish and then comes the guessing part, there are usually two answers that always look so wrong so discard those then you have to guess on the last 2 remaining answers..believe sometimes works really well, hahaha. Chem I believe is all in Collins and whatever you have taken before, I studied my notes from Orgo1,and 2. Math in Kaplan and Pearson practice tests are challenging tho but again I think is not hard it is just the time.How hard do you think the math was/is? I'm pretty good with whatever Dr. Collins gave me, but I've heard it's really hard on the PCAT.
Ive talked to people who got 390 and 400s and they had different variations of the exam. One had more anatomy and one had mostly organic chemistry questions and havent taken it yet. Whats common is that they guessed tons of times. There isnt a reference sheet so memorizing all the formulas is pointless. The basic stuff conversions, logs, derivatives is what i feel is sufficient.
Im winging it cause they keep telling me that your going to be guessing anyway just work what you need to and the rest you will make the most educated guess for. At least do one pearson test before taking it.
Im winging it cause they keep telling me that your going to be guessing anyway just work what you need to and the rest you will make the most educated guess for. At least do one pearson test before taking it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw an 8. I'm just worried about my scores being cancelled if I jump by 50pts which I will.
Those are the rules. If you jump by 50 pts or more within 13 months, they are automatically cancelled.
Oh, wow. That really, really sucks. I had no idea that rule even existed. What do you plan to do then? If you jump more than 50 points are you going to try and appeal the cancellation? How'd you even go about explaining that?
You would have to show proof of materials and see if they think its okay lol.
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K