Winter 2019 DAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaronjpilejr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a third year student in undergrad looking to take the DAT this coming winter of 2019. I'm kind of confused on the entire DAT registration process with getting a DentPIN and having to already know what schools I want to apply to.

I was also wondering if it would be too late to start studying for a winter 2019 DAT test since the school year is getting ready to start.

Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if this question has already been asked a billion times!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm a third year student in undergrad looking to take the DAT this coming winter of 2019. I'm kind of confused on the entire DAT registration process with getting a DentPIN and having to already know what schools I want to apply to.

I was also wondering if it would be too late to start studying for a winter 2019 DAT test since the school year is getting ready to start.

Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if this question has already been asked a billion times!
For future reference, you can use the search function and many times find the answers to your questions.
Also, you should just select all schools when registering for the DAT. There are no additional fees to do so. It just makes the process easier when it comes time to apply. Also, there is no set time frame for studying. It depends on you. How solid of a foundation in the sciences do you have? How quickly can you practice and retain information? Once you select a test date, you can always push it back if you need more time. Just be aware there is a cost for that. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

Hi Aaron! You have to apply to take the test and then they will verify you. Afterwards you can sign up for the test and choose the schools you wish to send your scores to. I also recommend going overboard with what schools you select because it will cost money later on if you decide to apply at a school that you did not select.

Last edited by a moderator: