Winter interim session

Started by arkgal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arkgal

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found a university nearby that is offering Psychology in December for their winter intersession. It's a course compressed into a couple of weeks, 8-12 monday - friday. Do pharmacy schools generally look down on taking courses in that fashion or do they not care? And would it look bad if I took a single prereq from another university? It would help me out a lot by getting it out of the way. The downside of it is I have to pay for another transcript (would be 4 different tranascripts) for every school I apply to. Any thoughts?
 
Is psychology a pre-req where you are applying? If so, it might be better to take it in the traditional quarter or semester format. Otherwise I can't imagine it matters (but I don't actually know).
 
Is psychology a pre-req where you are applying? If so, it might be better to take it in the traditional quarter or semester format. Otherwise I can't imagine it matters (but I don't actually know).

Yes, I was surprised to see Psychology as a prereq at several pharmacy schools. Since I did my gen ed by taking sociology, it will be an extra course for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I've read on this board, some pharm schools specify not to take winter session courses. All depends on where you are applying. Otherwise, I think you should be fine with it.
 
it shouldn't matter. i took speech during winter, which seems to be a universal requirement, and it hasn't been a problem.
 
Ok but will they care that the course is from another university besides my main one?

I think schools realize everyone can't take all their courses from one school necessarily. People transfer or a class might not be offered at their school. I took a class at a community college because the time the course was offered at my university conflicted with another course I wanted to take. Things come up. Getting the course done and doing well is the important part!