Wisconsin! @_@

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xStormWarningx

UW Madison c/o 2014!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wisconsin Madison decided to scare the ever loving crap out of me today by notifying me that my application was incomplete due to my GRE scores and a college transcript not being in on time.

=_o!!!! The transcript turns out to be for courses currently IN PROGRESS at a college, so that's not due until January and the GRE scores were misplaced in another pile!!! @_@! They had them the whole time.

And here I was having a meltdown because I thought something got ruined. *sigh*

I just want to know if I got accepted any where and stop worrying. It's not the decision that's bugging me, it's just the not knowing.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from them today saying two of my transcripts were missing. Coincidentally the two transcripts with my maiden name on them. I had them re-sent, and sent the school letting them know they'd be arriving with my old name. Yep, sure needed that random freakout right before mid-terms.

They scared the living daylights out of me too.
Apparently I have "four gre dates" that are missing...I've only taking the test twice!
I sent them an email since I was at work and couldnt call, but haven't heard back from them.
Glad I'm not the only one they messed up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had attended two different community colleges, but they're both on the same system so it's all one transcript. Wisconsin sent me an email saying they were missing one, but got the other :confused:

I would not worry too much about these concerns. I am a WI resident and current applicant, and have met a lot of the admissions people and they will make sure all of your issues are resolved and taken care of. I got a complete email today, but I called them earlier last week to make sure every thing was in.

They are very understanding and helpful, so, I know its hard not to right now, don't stress out about the little details. They just want to help everyone out and make sure you get a fair shake at admission. Good luck all!

Jeez I can't imagine a scare like that!! luckily mine says it is complete.
Now I am waiting til they send out their secondary apps because i want to get it over with!!!! Here we thought it was FINALLY over but noooo we still have another essay to write and probably a form or two to fill out!! :mad: Bahh. But at least while I'm doing their app i will be distracted from thinking about hearing from schools when it is obviously too early for any of the ones I applied.

So if it says that my current school transcripts are missing than its just because Im enrolled fall quarter right now? ... or are they really missing.. *sigh... I only have 1 extra copy of my transcript :/

It was such a relief earlier to get the "Your application is complete" email from them. I'm having a terrible week as it is, I'm glad they didn't pull something funny on me!

They did that to me last year too. I resent my transcripts several times, finally called and begged them to give me another solution so I didn't have to keep sending transcripts that weren't getting there...thats when they told me they had them all along, but didn't see that they had my maiden name on them. I didn't realize this was a continuing problem for them.

Any thoughts on the fall transcripts? It mentioned in the email that they are not due until Jan whatever, but because I enrolled in Parkland this fall, it counts that one as 'missing'... Does Wisconsin immediately require fall transcripts be sent or is that only if you make first cut.

Any thoughts on the fall transcripts? It mentioned in the email that they are not due until Jan whatever, but because I enrolled in Parkland this fall, it counts that one as 'missing'... Does Wisconsin immediately require fall transcripts be sent or is that only if you make first cut.

I would just send them. That way they KNOW what classes you are in currently and then can compare them to what classes you put IN PROGRESS in on VMCAS. They probably need them to verify your application.

Call them on Monday and ask for sure though if that would help.

I would not worry about things too much. Last year I did not bother to get the supplimental in on time, since it closed during my finals week. I got an e-mail two weeks later asking if I would like the deadline extended so that I could submit my application. Needless to say my supplimental was done within 12 hours, but still it was the middle of January. I was even accepted after all that! WI seemed like really nice people, and in a way I kind of regret not taking them up on their offer. :)

WI is doing their first year of completely electronic applications (on the school's end), I believe, so there will probably be some consistency issues as everyone gets used to the new system. They're all very nice and willing to help out - just give the admissions folks a call!