Wisconsin C2 Question

Started by ABCPharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ABCPharmD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know in Wisconsin that the person picking up a C2 or C3 rx has to present a driver's license or other government issued photo ID. But I thought there was also a law stating that the person dropping off a C2 rx has to present a government issued photo ID, the ID number has to be written on the hard copy, and the hard copy has to be signed by the person dropping off the rx. Another rph asked me about it and I tried to find statues to back me up. I couldn't find any. Is this not a law?
 
Closest I could find...

"If the person accepting the medication pursuant to any prescription order for a schedule II controlled substance, specified in s. 961.16, Stats., is not personally known to the pharmacist, there shall be written in ink, on the reverse side, the printed name, signature and address of the person"
 
Closest I could find...

"If the person accepting the medication pursuant to any prescription order for a schedule II controlled substance, specified in s. 961.16, Stats., is not personally known to the pharmacist, there shall be written in ink, on the reverse side, the printed name, signature and address of the person"

I wonder if that law was written in 1930. "Not personally known to the pharmacist...." What does that even mean?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most places I went to on rotations only did the id / drivers license # on the front of the Rx, or didn't do it at all since they said they "knew" everyone
 
This is a new law. It is not more than a few months old. It became law in July. It is part of the HOPE (heroin and opiate prevention and education) agenda. 7 laws were signed together.