Wisconsin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kniles5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any word?

Members don't see this ad.

I think we're supposed to hear sometime after March 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
chickenboo said:
I think we're supposed to hear sometime after March 1st.

Hello... I emailed the school yesterday about this. I was told they send out notification the first or second week of March. (coming up).

They do not interview resident or non resident.

Good Luck everyone :luck:

I've heard that admissions is meeting next week (end of feb begining of mar), so I'm assuming notification will be sent out the second week of March. Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

I just wanted to reopen this thread as it is approaching that time.....

I hope everyone hears good news... :love:

i just received this mass email from them stating that results will be known by March 10th and they would be sending you a letter regarding your status.

Not sure if acceptances would be through letters as well though.

I just received a voice mail on my cell that I had been accepted to UW Madison :) I am stunned because I had the world's worst typo on my application - along the lines of "I think I would be an asset to Louisiana State because..."
FYI, I am out-of-state NY). Good luck to everyone!

nutellagirl said:
I just received a voice mail on my cell that I had been accepted to UW Madison :) I am stunned because I had the world's worst typo on my application - along the lines of "I think I would be an asset to Louisiana State because..."
FYI, I am out-of-state NY). Good luck to everyone!
What are your stats? GPA? GRE?

Weird, I just got accepted to Wisconsin as well, but it was via a large envelope via snail mail.... Attempts to confuse us? I think so! :p

Got my letter yesterday. I'm 3rd on the alternate list. Anyone else hear? The letter said last year they took 12 alternates for the class of 2009. Thats good for me I guess!

hello!

i just got an acceptance to Wisconsin today (large envelope snail mail). i know i'm VERY lucky to be one of those who gets to make a choice regarding where i go to vet school. I'm out-of-state (California), i was wondering if anyone out there has any info about the vet school at Wisconsin. what's the area like diversity wise? is it very college town or kinda isolated? if anyone has any input about them cirriculum-wise or just general info i'd really appreciate hearing it. thanks and good luck to anyone still waiting!

:oops:)

lisambdvm said:
Hello... I emailed the school yesterday about this. I was told they send out notification the first or second week of March. (coming up).

They do not interview resident or non resident.

Good Luck everyone :luck:

WHAT? They don't interview anyone??? That's really scary IMO...

hippo11 said:
hello!

i just got an acceptance to Wisconsin today (large envelope snail mail). i know i'm VERY lucky to be one of those who gets to make a choice regarding where i go to vet school. I'm out-of-state (California), i was wondering if anyone out there has any info about the vet school at Wisconsin. what's the area like diversity wise? is it very college town or kinda isolated? if anyone has any input about them cirriculum-wise or just general info i'd really appreciate hearing it. thanks and good luck to anyone still waiting!

:oops:)

Hippo and others,
I was also accepted at UW so I hope to see some of you at the open house. I live in Madison (born and raised in CT though). I love Madison and the surrounding area. I went to a very small liberal arts college (under 2000 students) and to be in a college town now is really a pleasant change. Madison is a city, but its a comfortable city. Because of my background I compare it to NYC - Madison is clean, people are friendly, and there are many opportunities to do things outdoors. Concerts, sailing, farmers market, etc. Close enough to Chicago to make weekend trips too. Basically for me, this city is perfect. I hope this information helps and if you have any more questions just let me know!

Hi yalepa,

Yeah, I was also put on the alternate list (#41), but it sounds like I got a different letter than you! It didn't say 12 got in last year, it said that in the past, anywhere from 20-85 people have gotten in off the list. Are you in-state by any chance? I was wondering if maybe there were different lists for in-state vs. out-of-state. Anyway, just curious... not planning on going to Wisconsin anyway since I'm likely headed to New Zealand. (or maybe Tufts, depending on fiance's job search....)

I'm also an alternate and also got the letter that said anywhere from 25-85 are taken each year. Unfortunately I'm outside the upper limits of that number, but anything can happen!

Good luck to everyone trying to make a big decision in the next couple weeks!

(I'm now sitting on two waiting lists so I'm patiently waiting for these decisions to be made!!)

does anyone have any info about a wildlife medicine program at wisconsin? i'm interested in pursuing wildlife medicine and one of my vet school choices is wisconsin. i tried looking on their vet school site, but there doesn't seem to be any info on a wildlife program if one exists! i was also wondering if anyone knows...does wisconsin "track"? please help me out if you can!! :p