Wisdom teeth removal cost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joelgrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

today my dentist told me that I have two wisdom teeth that they need to be extracted.

I am an exchange student, so I don't have any dental insurance or anything.

How much would it cost?

I assume that it is going to be easily over $1,500 for one tooth.

awesome....

Members don't see this ad.

The cost is dependent on the level of anesthesia/sedation and the type of extraction procedure necessary.
A fully or partially erupted wisdom tooth with usually cost slightly less than a non-erupted wisdom tooth. If you have only local anesthetics used versus using IV sedation, then the cost is also less. These are factors you should discuss with the surgeon.

$1500 per tooth is a lot, but if you are being sedated, then it is possible you will pay a decent amount, maybe not $3000, but a lot.

At the office I worked at extractions were somewhere between 200-500 depending on difficulty. Its been almost 2 years since I worked there so they most probably changed

edit: local anesthesia

Members don't see this ad :)
At the office I worked at extractions were somewhere between 200-500 depending on difficulty. Its been almost 2 years since I worked there so they most probably changed

edit: local anesthesia

Yeah, that's probably about right.

Expect to pay between $1500-$5000 depending on difficulty for the entire process including IV sedation and what not. Honestly, you can probably shop around. Just get someone you can trust whose been doing it a while.

Try going to a dental school if you are concerned about costs. Where I go the cost to extract one tooth is between $75 and $200 depending on the level on impaction. IV sedation for a case is roughly $500. So all told it would be between $650 and $900 to have two thirds extracted at my school.

Try going to a dental school if you are concerned about costs. Where I go the cost to extract one tooth is between $75 and $200 depending on the level on impaction. IV sedation for a case is roughly $500. So all told it would be between $650 and $900 to have two thirds extracted at my school.
or an Oral Surgery training program.

Yeah, that's probably about right.

Expect to pay between $1500-$5000 depending on difficulty for the entire process including IV sedation and what not. Honestly, you can probably shop around. Just get someone you can trust whose been doing it a while.

lol 5000....

them be some high fees!