Wise to withdraw application from school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dantemac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be wise to withdraw my application from UCLA? It was my 16th school, a reach school. I am from PA and probably wouldn't even want to go there. I have 5 interviews already. Do you think it is safe for me to withdraw my application, or should I keep it in play just to be safe?

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be wise to withdraw my application from UCLA? It was my 16th school, a reach school. I am from PA and probably wouldn't even want to go there. I have 5 interviews already. Do you think it is safe for me to withdraw my application, or should I keep it in play just to be safe?

Those two bolded words don't go well together. Just aim for UPenn since you already got an interview. Also, give ViviPreDent a chance at UCLA and kindly withdraw. :laugh:

I didn't mean safe as in I knew UCLA would give me an interview. I meant it more as: Do you really think I need 16 schools total? Especially UCLA, which would be very hard to gain admission to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't mean safe as in I knew UCLA would give me an interview. I meant it more as: Do you really think I need 16 schools total? Especially UCLA, which would be very hard to gain admission to.
I think you already know the answer to this...

Just leave your application in there and if they invite you for an interview, just politely decline. Nothing wrong with that. Hey, it's their fault as well for taking a lot longer to interview people.

I don't already know the answer, that's why I asked.

I think I want to withdraw it, it gives other people a fair shot and it is less work for the school to do.

if you have already paid for the app and the secondary fee, dont withdraw,there is no downside to that.

If you get an interview, you can decline it ( and it made you feel good to get an interview from UCLA).

If you get an interview, go, and dont like the school, well you have an excuse to spend a night or two in california(its beautiful and fun).

If you do get an interview, and decide to go, you may end up loving the school and decide to go there.

Leave your app in there, Dante. Show some Pittsburgh pride to those admissions peeps. You tell'em what's up. Black and yellow black and yellow

Save money. Live better. UPenn.

if you have already paid for the app and the secondary fee, dont withdraw,there is no downside to that.

If you get an interview, you can decline it ( and it made you feel good to get an interview from UCLA).

If you get an interview, go, and dont like the school, well you have an excuse to spend a night or two in california(its beautiful and fun).

If you do get an interview, and decide to go, you may end up loving the school and decide to go there.

:thumbup: