Withdraw an acceptence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you withdraw an acceptence?
if i do not send the deposit by due date, is it not withdrawn or do I have to send an ameil in this effect?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

how do you withdraw an acceptence?
if i do not send the deposit by due date, is it not withdrawn or do I have to send an ameil in this effect?

thanks

send the email so that they can give the spot to someone else sooner. It's the nice thing to do. I don't think it matters though, either way works.

I would certainly send a "thanks but no thanks" letter. Schools do talk - no reason to burn bridges!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with the above posters...send a quick e-mail thanking the school for their offer of admission but you're going to decline (no need to give a lot of detail). It's the polite thing to do.

Who should we send the email to?

The admissions department of the school. If anything they will forward it to the right department. Which should be admissions in the first place.

Well this thread isn't old or anything...
Better than starting a new thread and I wanted to know this as well. Good use of the search function.

Reactions: 1 users