Withdraw from a class??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flakpilot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my last semester as an undergrad and there's a class I'm taking only because of the schools I'm applying to requires it. This school is a BIG BIG reach though. With my gpa/mcat it's almost impossible to get in so I was just going to apply for the heck of it. But turns out I really hate the class! and the fact that I'm still working on secondaries, taking 3 other classes and working on extracurriculars, I rather spend my time on focusing on those other stuff. The only thing that's keeping me from withdrawing, is thinking how it would affect my app. AMCAS and AACOMAS already indicate that I'm taking it, as well as some secondaries I've already sent. This will be my only "W" in my 4 years of undergraduate however.

Do you guys it'll be a big deal if I drop it or I should be fine and just go ahead with it? And if I do, should I send an update email to schools indicating I withdrew from the class or just wait to mention it during interviews?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

This is my last semester as an undergrad and there's a class I'm taking only because of the schools I'm applying to requires it. This school is a BIG BIG reach though. With my gpa/mcat it's almost impossible to get in so I was just going to apply for the heck of it. But turns out I really hate the class! and the fact that I'm still working on secondaries, taking 3 other classes and working on extracurriculars, I rather spend my time on focusing on those other stuff. The only thing that's keeping me from withdrawing, is thinking how it would affect my app. AMCAS and AACOMAS already indicate that I'm taking it, as well as some secondaries I've already sent. This will be my only "W" in my 4 years of undergraduate however.

Do you guys it'll be a big deal if I drop it or I should be fine and just go ahead with it? And if I do, should I send an update email to schools indicating I withdrew from the class or just wait to mention it during interviews?

Thanks! :)

Don't worry about it. Take the W if you don't like the class. Focus on your other stuff. If your GPA and MCAT are good enough to get in elsewhere, don't sweat it.

No need to update the other schools as it's not a required course. If it doesn't affect your graduation etc. then it's not necessary to bring it up. People W out of classes all the time. Having one is no big deal. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as it isn't a Pre-req, a W won't hurt. It's not like you have 5 of them already.
I W'ed a class cause hated it. I had the most biased, condescending professor ever.

Thanks guys!! I'll definitely drop it then.

As long as it isn't a Pre-req, a W won't hurt. It's not like you have 5 of them already.
I W'ed a class cause hated it. I had the most biased, condescending professor ever.

Lol I know what you mean. In this case I hate the subject AND the professor sucks at explaining it AND he's a pain in the butt...so I'll be better off without it lol. Thanks!!