Withdrawals in pre-req courses?

Started by kebby0826
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kebby0826

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I am planning to apply to pharmacy school in 2011. A few semesters ago, I had to withdraw from my Gen Chem 2 course due to a family issue. I picked it up in the next semester and got an A. Then this current fall semester, I'd signed up for O-Chem 1. Very stupid move on my part. We are only allowed 3 absences per semester in each course. I just got married in October and the planning and preparation caused me to hit the mark on absences within just a few weeks. I knew that I never should have even signed up for anything because it would be such a busy time, but obviously I didn't go with my gut feeling. I had to withdraw. I am signed up for it in the Spring and have hopes to get an A, but certainly nothing less than a B. Am I going to have admission problems because I have W's in two pre-req courses? 🙁
 
Hi All,
I am planning to apply to pharmacy school in 2011. A few semesters ago, I had to withdraw from my Gen Chem 2 course due to a family issue. I picked it up in the next semester and got an A. Then this current fall semester, I'd signed up for O-Chem 1. Very stupid move on my part. We are only allowed 3 absences per semester in each course. I just got married in October and the planning and preparation caused me to hit the mark on absences within just a few weeks. I knew that I never should have even signed up for anything because it would be such a busy time, but obviously I didn't go with my gut feeling. I had to withdraw. I am signed up for it in the Spring and have hopes to get an A, but certainly nothing less than a B. Am I going to have admission problems because I have W's in two pre-req courses? 🙁

Not that big of a deal, as long as the rest of your credentials (GPA, pcat, experience, etc) are competitive. If granted an interview and the interviewer ask about Ws, just explain yourself. 👍