iferg17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
South Jersey
Status
Will schools look at a withdrawl of a class final semester in college as a problem when they review a final transcript? Thanks.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
If it was a BCPM class, probably...if it was an elective or something non-science, they might or might not.....if you do get the chance to explain it to them, hopefully you'll have a good reason for withdrawing

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Rochester, NY
Status
Medical Student
Blue Scrub said:
If it was a BCPM class, probably...if it was an elective or something non-science, they might or might not.....if you do get the chance to explain it to them, hopefully you'll have a good reason for withdrawing
Right. I'd also add that its not usually a big deal (presuming its an elective, etc.) so long as it doesn't become a pattern. You'll want to avoid more than one or two of these.

About the Ads

LauraMac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Larsitron said:
Right. I'd also add that its not usually a big deal (presuming its an elective, etc.) so long as it doesn't become a pattern. You'll want to avoid more than one or two of these.
the OP said it was a final semester grade.

anyway, to answer the question, can't you just get at least a C? i think that would be better. however, if you really have senioritis really badly or you think you might fail, then just withdraw. i highly doubt they'll take away your acceptance. just to be sure, though, check with the specific schools in question.

davidthegnome

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status
Hope not. I getting a big ol' w in an art class(basic computer animation). Stupid idea to take it in the first place on top of volunteering and working.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
One withdrawal in your entire transcript is probably fine. Ask your advisor. I withdrew from a lab and got into med school with no problem. They look at the big picture - your GPA, your MCAT, LORs, activities, essays. One W does not overpower the rest.

About the Ads