iferg17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
South Jersey
Status
Will schools look at a withdrawl of a class final semester in college as a problem when they review a final transcript? Thanks.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
If it was a BCPM class, probably...if it was an elective or something non-science, they might or might not.....if you do get the chance to explain it to them, hopefully you'll have a good reason for withdrawing

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Rochester, NY
Status
  1. Medical Student
Blue Scrub said:
If it was a BCPM class, probably...if it was an elective or something non-science, they might or might not.....if you do get the chance to explain it to them, hopefully you'll have a good reason for withdrawing

Right. I'd also add that its not usually a big deal (presuming its an elective, etc.) so long as it doesn't become a pattern. You'll want to avoid more than one or two of these.

About the Ads

LauraMac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
  1. Medical Student
Larsitron said:
Right. I'd also add that its not usually a big deal (presuming its an elective, etc.) so long as it doesn't become a pattern. You'll want to avoid more than one or two of these.

the OP said it was a final semester grade.

anyway, to answer the question, can't you just get at least a C? i think that would be better. however, if you really have senioritis really badly or you think you might fail, then just withdraw. i highly doubt they'll take away your acceptance. just to be sure, though, check with the specific schools in question.

davidthegnome

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status
Hope not. I getting a big ol' w in an art class(basic computer animation). Stupid idea to take it in the first place on top of volunteering and working.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
One withdrawal in your entire transcript is probably fine. Ask your advisor. I withdrew from a lab and got into med school with no problem. They look at the big picture - your GPA, your MCAT, LORs, activities, essays. One W does not overpower the rest.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads