withdrawing application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoe207

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I feel I'm not ready to take the DAT, so I decided to take at least 2 months more to study for it. So obviously there is no chance for me to get in this cycle ('08). So should I withdraw formally or just leave it be? Like do I need to contact the schools letting them know that I will try out for next cycle instead ('09)? Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

PS: Yes, I've already applied through AADSAS for this cycle ('08), the schools are just missing my DAT scores

Members don't see this ad.

i think you should take the test - you can always take it again - i was terrified when i went to take it and i did well

lol...it's so late in the season that regardless of u takin the DAt or not u prolly wont get in...unless u make like a 25+ on the DAT and have a 4.0 GPA...as far as "formally" withdrawing, I'm not sure how that works...but I'd rather take time studying for the DAT than having to re-take it and pay again...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I know it's late in the game. Just wondering if I should let the schools know that I'll be applyng for '09 cycle or just leave it be? I mean what happens if I took the DAT late, and obviously they won't accept me this cycle because it's so late, would they send out a rejection letter/s or what?

This is a tough question and keep in mind that none of us really know the 'right' answer. My personal opinion is just to leave it be. The schools might think that you are not interested in their school if you withdraw and if THEY reject YOU, I think that will look in your favor next year when you apply. They will see that as commitment to your goal - just my two cents.

Thanks Estrella, I guess you're right, I'll leave it be then. Just didnt know what the proper protocol was. Thanks again!