Withdrawing applications after you've been accepted by another school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HipHopHippo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received acceptance decisions from UofM and Northeastern this week. I know I'll be going to one of them so I need to start withdrawing applications elsewhere.

I have 2 interviews scheduled at other schools and offers to interview at 3 more programs. I was also in the middle of traveling to a school for an interview when I got their decisions. I'm just wondering what's the most polite way to go about withdrawing applications since as they say at all interviews, pharmacy is a small world. Should I say I've accepted (or plan to accept) another school's offer when I withdraw or just simply thank them for inviting me to interview?

I know I should withdraw from the two schools ASAP so other qualified candidates can get interviews. Do I wait for a decision from the school I just interviewed at before withdrawing my application or should I pre-emptively send them an email so they don't waste their time reviewing my application?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, you were supposed to withdraw from schools you submitted deposits to by March 1. If you haven't submitted nay deposits and you just got into your first choice just e-mail those schools or call them and say "I would like to withdraw my application. I've been accepted to my first choice. Thank you for taking the time to consider me."

I personally wouldn’t say “I’ve been accepted to my first choice.” If you eliminate that part of the message, what lalaland33 has is good.

I personally wouldn’t say “I’ve been accepted to my first choice.” If you eliminate that part of the message, what lalaland33 has is good.

I thanked them for considering me and just said I plan to accept another school's offer for admission but did not specify that it's my first choice because I agree saying that isn't a good thing.

Reactions: 1 users