dreamz912

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Im sure this has been posted before, but i'm new to the site, so i just wanted to ask.

How do i go about withdrawing applications from other schools? Can i call the admissions office? or do i have to write an email/letter? Is it unprofessional to send an email?? And can someone write a lil rough draft as to what it should say bc i don't know how to go about it.

I'm withdrawing bc i got an acceptance at my first choice.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!!

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think you can do it any way you like. I personally would write a letter, but it shouldn't matter as long as you are polite.

R

Redneck

I sent letters to the schools. One school that was following up on my acceptance with a student 'Big Bro/Big sis' I actually called, and they requested I send an email to finish the withdrawal. Another school probably didn't get my snail mail for some reason so I had to call them. I think a letter is more meaningful. Either way, communicate with 'em.

About the Ads

dreamz912

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
thank you! i think i might go with an email for the ones i had sent my secondary to, and a letter for the other school i got the acceptance from. thank you for your help!

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I called the schools I was accepted to or where I had interviews still pending and then followed that call with a fax and or email. On the schools that my application was still pending, i emailed them to withdraw my applications to their schools. I did these things after I sent the deposit in to VCOM.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
dreamz912 said:
Im sure this has been posted before, but i'm new to the site, so i just wanted to ask.

How do i go about withdrawing applications from other schools? Can i call the admissions office? or do i have to write an email/letter? Is it unprofessional to send an email?? And can someone write a lil rough draft as to what it should say bc i don't know how to go about it.

I'm withdrawing bc i got an acceptance at my first choice.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!!
I sent some emails and made some phone calls. Either is fine.

"I have decided to attend another school, and would like to formally withdraw my application. Thanks."

About the Ads