Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Withdrawing Applications

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dreamz912, Nov 22, 2005.

1. dreamz912

dreamz912 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Im sure this has been posted before, but i'm new to the site, so i just wanted to ask.

How do i go about withdrawing applications from other schools? Can i call the admissions office? or do i have to write an email/letter? Is it unprofessional to send an email?? And can someone write a lil rough draft as to what it should say bc i don't know how to go about it.

I'm withdrawing bc i got an acceptance at my first choice.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I think you can do it any way you like. I personally would write a letter, but it shouldn't matter as long as you are polite.

3. I sent letters to the schools. One school that was following up on my acceptance with a student 'Big Bro/Big sis' I actually called, and they requested I send an email to finish the withdrawal. Another school probably didn't get my snail mail for some reason so I had to call them. I think a letter is more meaningful. Either way, communicate with 'em.

4. dreamz912

dreamz912 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thank you! i think i might go with an email for the ones i had sent my secondary to, and a letter for the other school i got the acceptance from. thank you for your help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I called the schools I was accepted to or where I had interviews still pending and then followed that call with a fax and or email. On the schools that my application was still pending, i emailed them to withdraw my applications to their schools. I did these things after I sent the deposit in to VCOM.

6. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    I sent some emails and made some phone calls. Either is fine.

"I have decided to attend another school, and would like to formally withdraw my application. Thanks."