Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

withdrawing applications

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rewJW, Dec 6, 2008.

1. rewJW

rewJW surviving
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    How have you guys gone about withdrawing applications (pre-interview) ... phone call, email? I am going to withdraw from a few more schools and if email is acceptable, I'd prefer to do that to save me some time and also so I don't have to waste my only break at work on the phone with d-schools. Thanks for any responses.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 206127

Dental Student
    I did it over the phone with UNLV, and they just asked me to send them something in writing. I like to think it was good to do it over the phone though because it gave them the opportunity to give my interview to someone else...

4. jujubug

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think email should be fine along with some reason of your withdrawl.

Western asked me the reason of it...but others like UCLA, VCU, and Temple did not ask me the reason.

5. RAK1987

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i did mine through email. i called one school bc it was close to the day i was supposed to interview... but all of the other schools just sent a quick response letter and thanked me for letting them know and wishing me luck in the future....

6. rewJW

rewJW surviving
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks guys ... guess I'll be doing it through email to save myself a lunch break :cool: