Withdrawing from OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kneige

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've been accepted at WVSOM and DMU and so I'm thinking of canceling my OSU interview on the 22nd. Anybody thinks that's a mistake? I'm only thinking of not going because of traveling expenses and taking time off of work. Just want to know what you guys think.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I've been accepted at WVSOM and DMU and so I'm thinking of canceling my OSU interview on the 22nd. Anybody thinks that's a mistake? I'm only thinking of not going because of traveling expenses and taking time off of work. Just want to know what you guys think.

Thank you!

OSU as in Ohio State (MD)? I would go interview there if I could even if you have the other acceptances. Not sure which school your talking about.

I think they have a DO as well... IMO unless you are honestly happy with attending either school, you should go to OSU. The reason being is because sometimes you are surprised and a school jumps up your list. It happened to me with NSU. I left the school in shock and awe, almost drooling over the computer for the following several weeks until I found out I was accepted. Anyway, then I canceled a bunch of interviews except for a few that I still could see myself at (geographically speaking). Now I have a hard decision to make and I keep going back and forth, but thankful of this decision and the December 14th deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have a DO as well... IMO unless you are honestly happy with attending either school, you should go to OSU. The reason being is because sometimes you are surprised and a school jumps up your list. It happened to me with NSU. I left the school in shock and awe, almost drooling over the computer for the following several weeks until I found out I was accepted. Anyway, then I canceled a bunch of interviews except for a few that I still could see myself at (geographically speaking). Now I have a hard decision to make and I keep going back and forth, but thankful of this decision and the December 14th deadline.

Ohio definitely has a DO school, but its not commonly referred to as OSU. OUCOM is the typical abbreviation. The other DO school that I know is OSU is Oklahoma State. Thats prolly what the person is referring to. I would visit and interview if I could though. You may be blown away. Choosing a medical school is a huge decision, make sure its well informed. You dont wanna regret not looking everywhere you had the chance to down the line.

Ohio definitely has a DO school, but its not commonly referred to as OSU. OUCOM is the typical abbreviation. The other DO school that I know is OSU is Oklahoma State. Thats prolly what the person is referring to. I would visit and interview if I could though. You may be blown away. Choosing a medical school is a huge decision, make sure its well informed. You dont wanna regret not looking everywhere you had the chance to down the line.

I am sure they are talking about Oklahoma State University.

OSU: Oklahoma State University
OU: Ohio University

Thank you for all your responses. And yes, I was referring to Oklahoma State University. I know a lot of people love DMU and would love to go there. But something about it just doesn't agree with me. And WVSOM is just too expensive although I just love, love everything else about it. I will seriously considering going to OSU, guys. Thanks to all for responding.

I would go interview at OSU, but only if they don't have a dress policy. From the website pictures, it looks like there is a dress policy.

Note: I want to take back what I said. Looking back, it sounds like I was being pretentious. I would be grateful to have an interview at any school. I guess I just wanted to emphasize that I prefer dressing comfortably.

Last edited:
seriously?:confused:

After thinking about it... maybe not. The scrubs are comfortable, and its not like you need to carry your wallet with you.

I'm just so use to wearing comfortable pants that's fairly baggy with lots of pockets - Not like those tight uncomfortable suit pants that a couple schools require you to wear.

This is my 2nd year at OSU-COM. I think you should go to the interview if you have the opportunity. It is a completely different atmosphere from the other schools I interviewed at, especially DMU.

To answer a few questions:

There is not a strict dress code, most people wear scrub bottoms and T-shirts, but jeans, shorts, and suits are all welcome to. Just no open toe shoes in the Anatomy lab and you are fine.

Yes, Dr. Goljan is still teaching. He makes us call him Poppy, and is one of the most impressive and interactive teachers I have ever been taught by.
I understand the travel expense problem. I cancelled 3 interviews after I got some acceptances for the same reason. But, that was after I was almost certain that OSU was the right school for me. If you have not found the school that is the right fit yet, I would defiantly go to OSU (and they have the best interview food ever).

Now that you mentioned food, I would have to go. Would love to meet Dr. Goljan too! Thank you!