Withdrawing from SMP program--advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tgtremix

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need to talk to each school you applied to ASAP. I was going to withdraw from my masters program when I got accepted but since it was in my app the school made me finish the program ... My acceptance was contingent on the masters degree. You need to call the schools before you think of dropping out. That's a major change in planned coursework that might affect their interview/acceptance offers

Reactions: 1 users
You need to talk to each school you applied to ASAP. I was going to withdraw from my masters program when I got accepted but since it was in my app the school made me finish the program ... My acceptance was contingent on the masters degree. You need to call the schools before you think of dropping out. That's a major change in planned coursework that might affect their interview/acceptance offers

I did not list the SMP on my AADSAS because I was unsure if I was even going to do the Masters, or which program I would attend, also back in early June when I submitted AADSAS, I had not even been accepted by the SMP I was considering.

The dental schools that sent me invites don't even know I am in the SMP until I can update the coursework section on my AADSAS in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not list the SMP on my AADSAS because I was unsure if I was even going to do the Masters, or which program I would attend, also back in early June when I submitted AADSAS, I had not even been accepted by the SMP I was considering.

The dental schools that sent me invites don't even know I am in the SMP until I can update the coursework section on my AADSAS in November.
Then I guess you're in the clear. Unless someone else disagrees

ugh im in the same boat ! my GPA is slightly lower but higher DAT. I have interviews that I need to go to starting late this month and Im going to miss many lectures and exams ! and mind you , the program is so not easy !!! I put the courses on my aadsas but if i get the dec1st acceptance im gonna drop out ! so many students from previous class have done it and there was no issue ! the only concern i have now is to keep up my gpa!!

ugh im in the same boat ! my GPA is slightly lower but higher DAT. I have interviews that I need to go to starting late this month and Im going to miss many lectures and exams ! and mind you , the program is so not easy !!! I put the courses on my aadsas but if i get the dec1st acceptance im gonna drop out ! so many students from previous class have done it and there was no issue ! the only concern i have now is to keep up my gpa!!

If I were you I would just withdraw now and get the W, instead of risking a bad quarter, you can always tell Adcoms it was a financial decision. Esp if you are already getting interviews, I know it is hard to focus on both interviewing/traveling, and exams in the SMP.

bro if it's not on the app, you''re good.

Reactions: 2 users
^^ he's right... If they don't know about your SMP program, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

There's not a way for them to know about it without your consent. What if you just want to take the class for fun and it doesn't have to do with helping your chances of getting into dental school? They don't need to know about it, and it really is irrelevant. They don't need to know about every aspect of your life, just the perequired parts.