without DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i were to apply for tbe 2006 cycle in May (when the application becomes available), will it be processed and sent to d-schools by aadsas, even though i wouldn't have taken the DAT by then. I plan on studying for 1.5 - 2 months starting June (when school ends), and then sending my scores to the D-schools. So, I would be sending in the scores about 2 months after i send my application. Does this make any sense, and will i still be counted as an "early applicant"? Or is sending an application without DAT scores (no matter how early) pretty much useless

Members don't see this ad.

While I don't think the schools will look at your app without your DAT scores, consider this:
Average AADSAS processing time - 7-8 weeks
Average DAT processing time - 0 days (you can fax them in the day you take it, if necessary).

So I think you'd be best off filing with AADSAS asap; that way, your file can be complete the same day you take the DAT. Just don't fool with AADSAS - they're scary and have some very potent weapons... :p

dWiz said:
if i were to apply for tbe 2006 cycle in May (when the application becomes available), will it be processed and sent to d-schools by aadsas, even though i wouldn't have taken the DAT by then. I plan on studying for 1.5 - 2 months starting June (when school ends), and then sending my scores to the D-schools. So, I would be sending in the scores about 2 months after i send my application. Does this make any sense, and will i still be counted as an "early applicant"? Or is sending an application without DAT scores (no matter how early) pretty much useless

Send out ADDSAS application as early as you can, and then study for a month take the DAT and if it happens not to catch the ADDSAS folder then just fax the scores to all the schools that you will apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
dWiz said:

I submitted AADSAS in May and took the DAT in August. Interviewed from September till November -- all acceptances at or near 12/1. I felt like I was an early applicant, so I imagine the same would go for you as well.

Even if you don't take the DAT till a little bit later, JUST get the AADSAS in as early as possible before the rush starts.

Good luck

DMD_hopeful said:
I submitted AADSAS in May and took the DAT in August. Interviewed from September till November -- all acceptances at or near 12/1. I felt like I was an early applicant, so I imagine the same would go for you as well.

Even if you don't take the DAT till a little bit later, JUST get the AADSAS in as early as possible before the rush starts.

Good luck

that's pretty much what I have in mind, hope it goes smoothly, thx for the advice

Profchaos said:
Send out ADDSAS application as early as you can, and then study for a month take the DAT and if it happens not to catch the ADDSAS folder then just fax the scores to all the schools that you will apply.

i didn't understand that part..maybe it is something about the application process I don't know about yet, could u please clarify, thx

dWiz said:
i didn't understand that part..maybe it is something about the application process I don't know about yet, could u please clarify, thx

The idea is that you send everything except your DAT scores to AADSAS as soon as possible and then update your file with your DAT scores once you take the exam. Hopefullly the update will be processed before your file is sent to your schools. If your DAT scores don't make it in time you can also send them to your schools directly. This is also based on the plan that AADSAS will take 7-8 weeks to send your file to the schools once you submit it to them.

Get your AADSAS app in ASAP. Don't worry too much about the DAT missing your AADSAS file. When you register for the DAT, they ask you which schools you want your scores to be sent to. So even if your app goes out without the scores, your schools will get the scores eventually (~1-2 weeks after your test day). The scores you put in AADSAS app are not "official" anyway. Good Luck!

I so wish to be in your shoes! I wish I had found this forum couple months earlier.

dWiz said:
Or is sending an application without DAT scores (no matter how early) pretty much useless

I received an interview from Tufts without my DAT scores. I thought that was weird. So in some cases its not useless.