Withrew from NRMP, but Programs Keep Calling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaiserSven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was offered an out of match position that I have already signed the contract for. I withdrew from NRMP.

Now, today, I keep getting phone calls from programs saying they saw I withdrew from NRMP but I need to also withdraw from ERAS.

Is that correct? I didn't do that because I felt it was rude. I liked a lot of the programs I am now not going to, so I didn't want a special letter sent from the ERAS system to tell them I withdrew as if I didn't like their program!

Thanks for any help or advice!
Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I have signed a prematch too. I have only withdrawn from NRMP ( and sent emails to PD/PCs). I have not withdrawn individually from programs and no program told me to withdraw from ERAS. They just replied thanking me for informing them of my decision.
So I guess it should not matter..But if they did tell you, go ahead and do it!

....update: it took me 2 minutes to withdraw from ERAS! i jus did it sometime back. There is nothing rude about it since the programs already know that you have withdrawn from NRMP.
go ahead and do it if they asked you.

....update: it took me 2 minutes to withdraw from ERAS! i jus did it sometime back. There is nothing rude about it since the programs already know that you have withdrawn from NRMP.
go ahead and do it if they asked you.

Thanks!

Yeah, the programs that asked - I did... but the others, I didn't want to. I guess I will.

What are you going into?