WKU's new DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teresina2005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to Western Kentucky University's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program? (applications closed February 15, 2012)

Interviews will be March 9th and 12th. Let me know if you get an interview.
Best of Luck!:luck:

Peace and God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man, I didn't even know that WKU's DPT program started this year! I thought that it was not going to start until next year. I wish I known about it so I could have applied.

Good luck to everyone who did apply! I'm sure that it will be a great program!

I also applied for WKU, haven't heard about getting an interview slot yet. I got accepted to Hampton Univ. and its already accredited do I'll probably end up going there

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Miss Ashalay Jay! That's exciting. Best of luck!
Peace and God bless

I applied to WKU's program. I was told letters would be sent out this week. :xf:

You just made my day! Good luck to everyone!

Got my interview invite via email this morning! :)

Congrats! I did as well.... not sure if im going yet

Has anyone received a confirmation of date and time for their interview?

No I haven't received a conformation for the time either! I would assume they would have to tell us today considering some of them are Friday! They are really holding out as long as possible with all this!!

No, I haven't received a date or time either. Sucks for the people who are going to find out that they have to cancel any work/school they had and go to Bowling Green the next day.

I received an email last night stating I had 4 options to choose from. This morning I received my official interview time for tomorrow afternoon! Anyone else attending tomorrow's session?

Members don't see this ad :)
I want my interview confirmation...:cry: (I am oh so very jealous now!)
Keep us posted on how the interview goes. Best of luck! :luck:
Peace and God bless

Congrats everyone! I am interviewing tomorrow afternoon and attending the afternoon session.

I will be interviewing Monday. :) I'm really looking forward to meeting you all! The best interview advice I've gotten so far is to remember to smile, let your passion shine through. Have fun and good luck!

I thought my interview itself went really well! I also thought the professors introducting themselves was also great. I think the only part of my visit I was apprehensive about was that things are still not 100% sure. I think it still sounds like a great program though.

Two questions: Were the interviews pretty laid back or did you feel like they grilled you pretty hard? And I'm assuming the interview questions were pretty standard?

The interview was very laid back and the questions were standard. Just be yourself! You'll do great!

Congratulations to all those who interviewed! (And so good to meet some of you at interviews!) Lord willing, we shall all be classmates in the fall.
I invite you to join me in prayer over the program, the accreditation process, the faculty, and the students. May we all seek guidance from the Lord, may we trust and obey, may we all be edified with a spirit truth and love, and whatever we do in word or deed, may we do for the glory of the Lord.
Best of luck everyone! :luck:
Peace and God bless

Do we know how many people interviewed in total? There were a lot more people at the Q&A session than I was expecting...

During the Monday session I know there were 25-30 in the afternoon Q&A but there were only 13 in the morning Q&A (a co-worker of mine also interviewed on Monday and told me there were only 13). I'd say the most they could have interviewed on Friday would have been around 50 (since you can only fit 25 people in that room and there were two Q&A sessions then as well).

Long story short that sounds like they interviewed 90ish at the most? I'm crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer. :D Good luck everybody!

I did not do an exact head count, but at the Friday afternoon session there were less than 20. Maybe 12-15. I am not sure about the Friday morning session though! I know that there were some people who could not make the interview dates work on either day and will be rescheduled.

It looks like the program has been delayed until.next year. Just got the email. I hope everyone accepted had a back up plan . :/

How does this even happen? How do we get well into March and have interviews, all the while acting like it's a stone cold fact that there will be a PT program in six months, only to have the bottom drop out like this?

Well they did state during the Q&A that there was going to be at least another week before they knew if they had received their candidacy for accreditation. I don't think they made a big point of that though because they probably thought they were going to get it..but nothing is for sure as you can see! Kind of a bad situation though..especially for those who had this as their safety school.

Anyone requesting they hold their application for next year?
Peace and God bless

Anyone requesting they hold their application for next year?
Peace and God bless
Nah, I've already been accepted to another school... it's just 30k more expensive for the program :scared:. Alas. But I figure financially it makes sense just because it gets me out there a year sooner for both experience and salary.

Just read this on BGdailnews.com (from 2 days ago):

"WKU President Gary Ransdell also explained that the university’s doctor of physical therapy program, which was scheduled to begin this fall, will be deferred until June 2013.

University officials believed they could get approval from the Council on Postsecondary Education and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools at the same time, but that’s not the case, Ransdell said.
They require approval in sequence, and there isn’t enough time for that process by August, he said.
“That was a big disappointment on our part,” Ransdell said. More than 100 people had applied for the program."

So that answers the former question of how many people applied and we already guesstimated how many they interviewed. Hope that helps anyone who is still looking into the program for next year. Best of Luck:luck:

Peace and God bless

Anyone who applied in the 2012 cycle have any luck updating their applications at WKU? They posted something on the website about "Applicant Pool Update" but it's not exactly clear instructions. I'd appreciate any help in this area.
Peace and God bless

Hey Teresina!

Not sure if you've e-mailed Dr. Wallmann or Dr. Neelly? I've e-mailed them several times and they've been very helpful. About three weeks ago Doc Neelly told me they were still working out some of the procedural issues, this was the first week of September when we spoke. He said they're working on updating the website and he hopes to have a letter sent to all of us that wanted our materials retained from last year which outlines how we should proceed (obviously our application will be slightly different from the new applicants).

That being said, I have been waiting by the mailbox for over three weeks now and have received nothing. He told me to e-mail again if I hadn't heard anything in a while so I may shoot him an e-mail tomorrow. I hope that helps! Just watch the mailbox, and if I e-mail him tomorrow I'll let you know. Get excited! =D