WL at dream school - Acceptances at Others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efitzpat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I'm super grateful for my acceptances. However, I don't think my interview at USC went very well and I have an interview coming up at UCSD - my dream school. At this late in the game, I don't think there is a very good chance that I'll get an acceptance. At UCSD, though, I'll at least be put on the WL.

Now, here is what I'm bummed about. All of my acceptances are in schools across the country. I feel like even when I do make a decision on May 15, I can't get super excited about it or make plans because I'll be waiting on waitlist decisions. So I'm kinda screwed with making plans to move, roommates, etc.

Anyone else feeling this frustration? How are you going to go about making plans to move, find a roommate, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation. I don't have concrete plans, but I would stay in a hotel for the first few days of class until I can find a place to move into... Or network with ppl you know in the area to let you stay for a few weeks.

I am finding this situation particularly difficult as well because my husband can't commit to a job until we know where we're going!

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you draw the line? I think I'm going to make a decision by end of June/beginning of July. I don't want to try to move across the country a week or two before medical school begins.

I am finding this situation particularly difficult as well because my husband can't commit to a job until we know where we're going!

I second this! My wife can't even really start applying now until after May 15th, which is a little stressful...

I will also admit how blessed I have been with acceptances, and thus really have nothing about which to complain; however, I am fearful I will get waitlisted at 3 of my dream schools. I should hear back starting this week...I guess all I can do is pray about it and write a LOI

I dunno...I'm kinda tired of the game. Yeah, maybe it would have been nice to end up at one of the more selective schools I applied to, but I think an MD is an MD. I'd rather know where I'm going before graduation than be strung along with school X's self-gratifying behavior (i.e. "If you want us--aka send us letters after you've been waitlisted--then maybe we'll take you"...please, I applied to your school, you should know I'm interested). For some reason, it also feels better in my mind if I end up at at school that took me outright than from the waitlist. That's just my two cents....