Woe is me: B+ in Quantum Mechanics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think this will change the overall complexion of my application? Will ADCOMs just trash my application if I can't make an A in quantum mechanics? Seriously no more threads like this. There is a quote by Richard Feynmann that more or less goes like "if you think you understand quantum mechanics than you probably really don't." People calm down. Diels-Alder, Kirkoff's Rule, Stoichiometry, Gaussian Distributions, PV=nRT, Mitosis, etc in the realm of things are not that important. If you can't make an A it is okay. I'd trust a doctor who is human and makes mistakes over some loser who made straight A's in college. We make mistakes for many reasons. Whether we learn from them or they humble us, mistakes are important. Calm down and take some Valium. Puke at a frat party, have a random hook-up, get arrested. In the long run you will sit back and laugh at these mistakes in your life and smile. Nobody sits in their rocking chair when they are in an "assisted living facility" and reminisces about a B in any class. If you don't believe this spend time in a retirement center or assisted living facility and talk to the geri's. They will all babble about stupid shiot they did in their formative years. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

You must be a dope to get a B+ in Quantum Mechanics. You are clearly not Quantum Field Theory material. No field operators for your candy arse.

Originally posted by ankitovich
You must be a dope to get a B+ in Quantum Mechanics. You are clearly not Quantum Field Theory material. No field operators for your candy arse.

Ankitovich this threads are for support. I am tired of trolls like you on these threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
pshhh, someone apparently didnt pay much attention in multivariable calc. Any dolt with half a brain should be able to use recursion operators to solve superintegrable systems using third order PDE's.

you must go to a state school...

Originally posted by Cerberus
pshhh, someone apparently didnt pay much attention in multivariable calc. Any dolt with half a brain should be able to use recursion operators to solve superintegrable systems using third order PDE's.

Easy on the SMS.

Originally posted by Cerberus

LOL :laugh:

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Ankitovich this threads are for support. I am tired of trolls like you on these threads.
LOL :laugh:

So squat and squeeze we meet again:mad:

The semester I did quantum mechanics, I did puke at a frat party, had one or two random hook-ups, and actually did come close to being arrested (all fraternity related). That's probably why I made the B. Frats suck.

I agree. People who join fraternities and sororities are pretty pathetic...it's a really poor way to try to find some acceptance amidst your peers in college. In addition, it's pretty sad when you have to purchase friends because you can't make them on your own.

Moving on, I agree that DoctorCynical is Squat&Squeeze. Both of them make the same braindead comments and just annoy people. Here's another vote for them being one and the same.

But I don't wanna be pathetic :( Though that's some pretty powerful stereotyping there.

Maybe Dr. C is not SnS. Perhaps after hearing so much about us comparing him to SnS, he decided to do a search on him and mimic his trollish antics as close as possible. That way, after doing some research, people would think he is SnS immediately giving him the status of ultimate troll that SnS has reached.

His diabolic plan almost worked but not quite. Not bad for Stanford material. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear DoctorCynical,

I knew SnS. SnS was a friend of mine. You, sir, are no SnS.

Sincerely,

ankitovich

Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
I agree. People who join fraternities and sororities are pretty pathetic...it's a really poor way to try to find some acceptance amidst your peers in college. In addition, it's pretty sad when you have to purchase friends because you can't make them on your own.

I'll agree with chemguync here.... i wouldn't go off stereotyping every sorority and frat on these boards. Some of them will make amazing doctors. In fact, I think you'll find that at just about every university across the nation, Greeks have higher GPAs than non-greeks (I know it's true at all schools in Florida for sure). The greek system has some amazing benefits and can really open doors for a lot of people. I won't go into detail here about my experiences, but without sorority life, there is NO WAY I'd have had as many opportunities in my pre-med career.

Not everyone goes into a frat or sorority because "they cant make friends on their own." Some just want commraderie. It's not a "poor way to find acceptance" but rather a way to transition into college life for many people.

All in all, you may not understand unless you've had the experience yourself. Yes, some of the stereotypes may be true for some people, but certainly doesn't apply to everyone.

Sorry to get off topic!

well, you could ask Crazee8 for help on your quantum mechanics in the future :)

Originally posted by kash_711
ya frat ppl have access to all the old tests

haha I think I'm the first one in my frat chapter's history to take quantum.. most of 'em were smart enough to stay away from chemistry and physics.. they all went into bidness

With a B+ in quantum mechanics, I honestly do not think that you are Stanford material. When I took quantum last semester, I received an "A." It takes a lot of work, but there is no reason not to excel in the subject. You are obviously intellectually inferior to myself, and I would appreciate if other posters ceased to compare you to me. Now go get a copy of the Ross application. I hear that next semester's class is starting to fill up.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
With a B+ in quantum mechanics, I honestly do not think that you are Stanford material. When I took quantum last semester, I received an "A." It takes a lot of work, but there is no reason not to excel in the subject. You are obviously intellectually inferior to myself, and I would appreciate if other posters ceased to compare you to me. Now go get a copy of the Ross application. I hear that next semester's class is starting to fill up.

Does anyone else feel doctorcynical vs. Squat n Squeeze is a lot like Freddy vs. Jason?

You are obviously intellectually inferior to myself, and I would appreciate if other posters ceased to compare you to me. Now go get a copy of the Ross application. I hear that next semester's class is starting to fill up.
:laugh: Yes I'd like to see a freestyle battle between SnS and Dr. C. Someone should create a thread for them to serve as a battleground.

The people at Ross are just as intellectually competent as any US graduate.

Ross or bust.

No more like jason comes back from hell.

Originally posted by Slickness
The people at Ross are just as intellectually competent as any US graduate.

Ross or bust.

This statement is clearly untrue. As we all know, schools such as Ross and SGU are backups. I've never heard of a pre-med who planned to attend these schools until they realized how inferior their GPA or MCAT scores were. We obviously can't compare the intellectual abilities of a 3.3 24P individual with that of a 3.9 40T individual. It's just plainly a fact.

You know in Rocky IV (the cold-war one) when Apollo is fighting the Russian and then realizes that the Russian is going to beat the crap out of him and kill him? In that brief moment, he realizes the sheer power and magnitude of the communist-trained fighting machine that he is powerless against. That's how it feels to see Sns come out of the woodwork to defend his honor. I'm scared.

This statement is clearly untrue. As we all know, schools such as Ross and SGU are backups. I've never heard of a pre-med who planned to attend these schools until they realized how inferior their GPA or MCAT scores were. We obviously can't compare the intellectual abilities of a 3.3 24P individual with that of a 3.9 40T individual. It's just plainly a fact.
Fair enough.

Soon you shall battle your rival, your nemesis if you will, Dr. C, in a fight which will determine who is the true king troll of SDN.

Originally posted by Slickness
Fair enough.

Soon you shall battle your rival, your nemesis if you will, Dr. C, in a fight which will determine who is the true king troll of SDN.

oooooooo, SHOWDOWN.

It's good to have SnS back. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Originally posted by ankitovich
It's good to have SnS back. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

haha. sns does have his moments ;).

It's really nice to have you back SnS. You're just in time to help me with a quantum mechanics problem. It should be pretty easy for you:

find the operator for the position (x) if the linear momentum operator is (A+B)(h/2m)^(1/2)

A and B are arbitrary operators, and the problem specifies that
[A,B]=1 with the other commutators equal to 0.

Originally posted by clowne
find the operator for the position (x) if the linear momentum operator is (A+B)(h/2m)^(1/2)

If A and B commuted then this would be easy. DAMN THE COMMUTATION RELATIONSHIPS!!

i really want to take quantum since I have a strong math background but dont have the time and am not willing to risk the bad grade. *sigh* stupid academics takes the joy out of learning.

Originally posted by clowne
It's really nice to have you back SnS. You're just in time to help me with a quantum mechanics problem. It should be pretty easy for you:

That is sooooo easy, that I am not going to even attempt to do it:p

Originally posted by Gleevec
Hmm, more evidence that doctorcynical IS Squat and Squeeze?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85087&highlight=Quantum+Mechanics

:laugh:

That thread has crazee8 saying QM is easy. She also says that it primarily involves (among a few random concepts that they cover in physics, and are only the beginning of QM) Bohr's conception of the atom. In my QM class this semester, the first thing we did was discuss that Bohr's model was completely WRONG and then move forward.

I don't know if crazee8 fits in the category of the comically tragic or the tragically comic. Every time she posts, it's just another reason to feel contempt.

Originally posted by NRAI2001
That is sooooo easy, that I am not going to even attempt to do it:p

I actually knew the answer to that question when I posted it. I was just trying to give 'ole SnS a chance to prove to us that he is truly a superb genius.