Wonderful consult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jokestr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was the consult I received today...written/documented in the Electronic Medical Record...and I quote...
"Will need ophtho consult for candiduria"
My response...
Thank you, may I please have another.
PEACE

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you know that they meant 'candidemia'. It's a transcription error that happens on a daily basis.
One time I was reviewing a chart from the neuro-ophthalmology clinic; the transcribed report read: 'the patient has a history of transverse smile' instead of transverse myelitis.

aren't consults typed out by the resident ordering it? In my hospital, the residents only have our dc summaries transcribed, we type out the consults ourselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
The resident typed this one out....that is how it works at our hospital...
I know they meant candidemia, but my fourth consult for rule out fungal seeding in the eye for the weekend was TONS of fun....and stating that ophtho was being consulted for candiduria put the icing on the cake.
PEACE

The resident typed this one out....that is how it works at our hospital...
I know they meant candidemia, but my fourth consult for rule out fungal seeding in the eye for the weekend was TONS of fun....and stating that ophtho was being consulted for candiduria put the icing on the cake.
PEACE

Maybe you should start a fellowship in uro-ophthalmology! :laugh: