SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wondering how often people get in with low MCAT's ???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by AntGod22, Jul 12, 2002.

1. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2001
    NJ
    Hey was wondering how many of you got in with low mcat scores , meaning to me (20,21,22,23,24,25) . I have a low GPA and science GPA (being a 3.30, and a 3.27 Science). Was wondering if some school will accept me with my 20 mcat score from april, even though im retaking in august for a better score. Im also a URM native american with documentation. Founder and Vice president of the Pre-Med Association at my college. And volunteer experience in a physical therapy center and in a emergency room. Im also very active in sports especially ice hockey.
    Any of your experiences are welcomed.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr. MAXY

Dr. MAXY Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hey, You have some pretty good EC, and your GPA and MCAT are not that bad. I still think you have hope. I friend of my who was also Native American was accepted with 18 Mcat and 3.3 and 3.2 science. LIke you, he took the first MCAT in April and was studying for the August one when he was pulled off the waiting list. I also know of other Minorities a well as disadvantaged whites who were accepted with similar stats as you.

So keep your chin up.
    GOOD LUCK.

4. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2001
    NJ
    Wow he got in with a low MCAt your friend. May I ask what school he got into? Im very curious to know. Well off to Kaplan to study my whole saturday away.