wondering if i had the application process right...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sallycinnamon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

i was wondering if i had the application process right...
i took the DAT in july and requested my scores be sent to the schools. then i summited my application to the AADSAS on aug 26th, and sent the supplemental materials (money+pictures) that stated on Table 20 to the schools 3 days later. requested my letters of rec to be sent to the schools directly. i just received the acknowledgement letter from AADSAS last wk...now im praying for interviews...my questions are...does anyone know approx. when AADSAS will send my application to the schools? wonder if i had done all the necessary steps to get my application out to the school...did i miss anything? also, i've read some posts that mentioned about secondaries...when do you get that? do all schools have secondaries? i just know that upenn does. pls let me know your response and if that's how you had submited your application. thanks a millions!

- sallyc!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless they changed the procedures significantly since I applied to dental school in 2000, it sounds to me like you covered all the bases.

Good luck with the interviews!

Hi... So you send your $ and pics to all the schools you apply to before they send u secondary apps?

thanks
snaangirl

Members don't see this ad :)
i ahve had an equally frustrating time with AADSAS I sen tin my application on JULY 25TH and it went out last tuesday. Any idea what the hold up was?? I think it was ridiculous. but so yeah I don't think that you are in any different a situation from me. What number application were you?? and what batch?

EAK27,

i sent mine out to the AADSAS on 8/26. my number is inthe 2600's. i dont know what batch i am in...how do you tell? also, what is the time frame between your getting the acknowledgement sheet and the confirmation sheet? thanks.
im just getting really worried about this whole thing...why does it have to be so hard!!

- sallyc!

Originally posted by EAK27
i ahve had an equally frustrating time with AADSAS I sen tin my application on JULY 25TH and it went out last tuesday. Any idea what the hold up was?? I think it was ridiculous. but so yeah I don't think that you are in any different a situation from me. What number application were you?? and what batch?

EAK, I understand your frustration, but you aren't the only one. I sent my app. in on the first day, and have an AADSAS# less than 10. My wait for the app. to get sent out was actually longer than your wait!

alright,

i just called AADSAS office. they said batch #9 is scheduled to go out this wk. im in batch 10. the guy said they're working on that and didnt know when they will be sent to the schools. at least now i know that my application is complete.

- sallyc!