Wondering if I should attend TCOM Minority event!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kds0013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,
TCOM Medical School is having an open house and minority event this weekend. I signed up for both events to get more info on the college and make it known to admissions that I have an interest in the college. Both events are open to everyone. I had to sign up via TCOM's dean of admissions. The problem is, I'm caucasian with a disadvantaged background and didn't realize that the minority event was aimed towards minorities in general as opposed to minorities in the medical field. My question is...realizing that I will probably be the only caucasian there, should I attend or not? Would it look bad having signed up and not attend or would it look bad to attend? The minority event is tomorrow and the open house is the next day. I do definitely plan on going to the open house. Please tell me what you think about the situation.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there everyone,
TCOM Medical School is having an open house and minority event this weekend. I signed up for both events to get more info on the college and make it known to admissions that I have an interest in the college. Both events are open to everyone. I had to sign up via TCOM's dean of admissions. The problem is, I'm caucasian with a disadvantaged background and didn't realize that the minority event was aimed towards minorities in general as opposed to minorities in the medical field. My question is...realizing that I will probably be the only caucasian there, should I attend or not? Would it look bad having signed up and not attend or would it look bad to attend? The minority event is tomorrow and the open house is the next day. I do definitely plan on going to the open house. Please tell me what you think about the situation.
Thanks!

I don't think that anyone at that event will "bite" or harm you in any manner so attend the event if you are interested in its subject matter. If you feel that you can benefit from the conference, then attend as opposed to worrying about "how it would look".

Hey there everyone,
TCOM Medical School is having an open house and minority event this weekend... My question is...realizing that I will probably be the only caucasian there, should I attend or not?
Thanks!

If you go to the Minority Open House I can guarantee that you won't be the only caucasian there. My sweetie is of Swiss heritage.:love: