General Admissions & OTCAS Worcester State University Difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Termanator1f

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a sophomore in college this year and I was just wondering how hard it is to get into WSU. So far I have a 3.1 GPA, I'm treasurer of the Kinesiology club, and so far I have 80 hours of observation but I'm hoping to get another 100 by end of next year. I know my gpa is a little low but I'm hoping to bump it up to 3.3 or 3.4 by end of junior year. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be a sophomore in college this year and I was just wondering how hard it is to get into WSU. So far I have a 3.1 GPA, I'm treasurer of the Kinesiology club, and so far I have 80 hours of observation but I'm hoping to get another 100 by end of next year. I know my gpa is a little low but I'm hoping to bump it up to 3.3 or 3.4 by end of junior year. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Not sure about that specific program but from what I hear (I'm applying this cycle), most programs are pretty competitive. Definitely get the GPA up and do well on the GRE (I take mine in about a week and I know I won't do well but half of my school don't require it). You still have time to get more observation hours so the ones your planning on doing should be enough. I'll only have about 83 or so because I decided on this last year three months after graduation haha!

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure about stats but I do know their class is tiny. Are you a MA resident? If so, I'm sure that will be in your favor. They do have a minimum GRE requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I do live in MA so hopefully that'll help. And are more observation hours a plus like they are for pt school?

It definitely can't hurt. Try to get them at different locations and different specialties peds, SNF, acute, etc...