Words, words, words!

Started by anyr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anyr

BOSS FIGHT
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't know how far this'll go, but I thought it'd be a pretty neat idea if people shared some random vocab words so that we can get an accumulation of words and their definitions here. So share a couple of words! It may be your favourite word, or one you think sounds neat, or one that might be handy to know?

Plus, you never know if it'll show up on the pcat 🙄

To start us off...
taciturn: reserved in manners and expression, quiet
loquacious: extremely talkative
paroxysm: sudden outburst of any kind of activity (I like this word a lot for some reason)
 
Oh c'mon, it's not that bad. A couple words might stick with you, and it never hurts to add to your vocab. Last pcat I read over some random words I found in the dictionary and on GREs the night before and a couple of them showed up on the pcat. Short term memory to the rescue! 😀