Work/activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am considered a non-trad applicant. I graduated from high school in 2009 but didn't go to college until 2012-simply couldn't afford it. So I worked-now as a person who only had a high school diploma, you can only imagine how much I made per hour. So I had to have 2-3 jobs to save up for college. All of this I mentioned this in my personal statement. But do I still list these activities in work/activities section of the application?

I only included the jobs that I had while going to college.

Mind you, the jobs I had were not glamorous, of course. Like waiting tables, cleaning buildings and washing dishes-I am not sure if medical schools might see it as petty

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

List it if you have the space (I think you can list up to 15 activities), but other than that mention it on your PS because at the end of the day it is part of your life and it had an impact on you. Don't rehash it over and over tho in the descriptions. It's not petty, it's called being an adult; something that ALOT of premeds dont understand until hitting med school/residency.
I used to work construction and you can make sure I listed it.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not sure if I am considered a non-trad applicant. I graduated from high school in 2009 but didn't go to college until 2012-simply couldn't afford it. So I worked-now as a person who only had a high school diploma, you can only imagine how much I made per hour. So I had to have 2-3 jobs to save up for college. All of this I mentioned this in my personal statement. But do I still list these activities in work/activities section of the application?

I only included the jobs that I had while going to college.

Mind you, the jobs I had were not glamorous, of course. Like waiting tables, cleaning buildings and washing dishes-I am not sure if medical schools might see it as petty.
You might group them in one space under a title like, Post-High School, Pre-College Jobs. Or, alternatively, you could add as an addendum to your college jobs, "Also worked xxxx hours as A, B, C after HS graduation, before college."

List it if you have the space (I think you can list up to 15 activities), but other than that mention it on your PS because at the end of the day it is part of your life and it had an impact on you. Don't rehash it over and over tho in the descriptions. It's not petty, it's called being an adult; something that ALOT of premeds dont understand until hitting med school/residency.
I used to work construction and you can make sure I listed it.

Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user