Work/Activities

Started by JDH1605
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JDH1605

Hopeful doc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. Getting ready to submit my 2008 application, and I need some advice. Should I tweak my work/activities descriptions at all, even if nothing has changed? If I remove something from last year's application that I think maybe wasn't a meaningful enough experience to put on my application (just filler last year) will the schools I applied to this past year notice? Do they compare applications between the years? Thanks a bunch.
 
Hey guys. Getting ready to submit my 2008 application, and I need some advice. Should I tweak my work/activities descriptions at all, even if nothing has changed? If I remove something from last year's application that I think maybe wasn't a meaningful enough experience to put on my application (just filler last year) will the schools I applied to this past year notice? Do they compare applications between the years? Thanks a bunch.
I expect that whether a school compares between applications is institution-dependent, and so you really can't plan for it.

To answer your other question, I rearranged my ECs between applications according to a scheme that a British doc (long story) told me about. You can find it here.